Removing/Renaming Community Builder Credit Link

11 years 8 months ago #207472 by y9000
Hi,

I've searched the forum for this information with success.

I'd like to to remove/rename the community builder credit link in the user profile.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Y9000

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 8 months ago #207516 by nant

y9000 wrote: Hi,

I've searched the forum for this information with success.

I'd like to to remove/rename the community builder credit link in the user profile.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Y9000

Advanced, Professional and Developer members are authorized and given instructions on how to do this.

11 years 6 months ago #213387 by willow1952
as an advanced member where do I find this information
thanks

11 years 6 months ago #213390 by nant

willow1952 wrote: as an advanced member where do I find this information
thanks

As an Advanced member you can post on the Advanced forum area - and you should.

Posting on a 2 month old public thread on a Sunday - even though thread is somewhat relevant - is a sure way to have your message ignored (as we do not really monitor this area).

Its in the documentation you can download from the Advanced download area.
Pages 78-79.

11 years 6 months ago #213395 by willow1952
so sorry and thanks

11 years 6 months ago #213554 by theduke77
I was going to post a new thread, until i seen this thread.

I'm new to building websites. This is my first attempt with joomla. My first site was done in Dreamweaver, but i was not happy with the look and results. I need something more up to date. Glad i found Joomla, and CB is a great extension for what I'm doing.

I myself pay for what is earned. But with me being new to this type of community, free extensions and templates are great for me to learn. If I can figure out the little problems I'm having with CB (user problem, not enough knowledge) I would gladly pay for CB as it is deserved. But its hard for me to pay for something that I don't know if it will do what I'm looking for.

With that being said, free extensions deserve the right to be advertised, like CB does.
But the one thing I disagree with is where the link/button if you will is placed, and the name of it. Its in your profile, at the top, next to other tabs. Also named "Community" First thing I thought of was wow, how did I gain a community of friends after just installing the extension. Didn't make sense. Then I thought, well maybe its just a link to show a page to your community. But there is only one way to find out.

When I clicked on the link and seen the advertisement i was shocked.

If you were to leave a link like 99% of free extensions and templates do, at the bottom of the extension. The name is still there. Thats how it should be done.

Example, I use Chronoforms. I don't think the link on the bottom of the form takes away from the page. A free extension definitely deserves advertising, or even a great one that you pay for.

But the button link in the profile along with other things, cant be renamed or place elsewhere, I find this bad for the looks and poor ethics. I could be wrong, but it seems to "force" people instead of flood the brain with just the brand name.

I would like for the team of CB to maybe think of this in a customer set of shoes.

Myself would like a way to put a link at the bottom of every page that CB is used on.

After looking in the forums I don't think this is possible at the moment. But I will do my best to look and see if there is a way. Otherwise I can't use CB as it really takes away from the site and it is very hard not to click if its your first time on the site.

You might think its good because people are forced to see your site. Well I can assure you the people that will visit my site will most likely never use something like CB or even Joomla.

I did not find CB through that type of advertising. I found CB through searching for such extensions.

I hope you understand my point. Hopefully something can be done

Thanks

Duke™

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn