CB scalability

11 years 1 month ago #222359 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic CB scalability
Friendly bump

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #222370 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CB scalability

ignatius2 wrote: Thanks a lot,

I will follow all your advice here, starting with your consulting help optimizing the site (Joomla3+CB+CBsubs+GroupJive...).

In order to stretch Joomla+CB even further, would it be possible to synchronize the CB users (incl. approval status) across multiple machines/instances of Joomla+CB to provide something analogous to the shared login across Google apps. (Note that I am not talking about load balancing here, I am talking about sharing users across DIFFERENT sites with different purposes).

- Would this be reasonable?
- If yes, how would you recommend doing this? Rsync, SQL triggers? Extension? (unfortunately Jfusion only works with J!2.5)?
- Would it be possible to share the login status without killing performance?
- or would it be possible to hop between sites without having to log in again?

I am at the planning stage looking for the best tools to do the Job. I like the unparalleled wealth of functionalities that CB offers, and I would like to avoid having to re-invent the wheel just because of scaling issues.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Jon

Maybe JMS Multisites ?

www.jms2win.com/
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/core-enhancements/multiple-sites/5550

Searching the internet on it, I found many links including an article on it (in French): www.nosyweb.fr/test-joomla/jms-multi-sites-gerer-plusieurs-sites-joomla.html

I met the author a year ago, and he said it was mainly compatible with CB.

No idea about its performance and never used it myself, so can't tell, but he seemed very reasonable, professional and helpful, so you may ask him on his site, plus his package includes an hour training on it and installation help, so he is very service oriented.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

11 years 1 month ago #222420 by ignatius2
Replied by ignatius2 on topic CB scalability
Thanks,

From what I understood from previous tests and conversations with Edwin, multisite does not federate multiple Joomla installs, it packs them under one roof. Thanks for your help.

J

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.179 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn