Single field update on multiple users

10 years 11 months ago #226390 by remerus
Single field update on multiple users was created by remerus
I've built a membership list using CB for an association that have yearly membership dues, the payment & recording of which members have renewed or not is dealt with in another, separate system.

They asked if it's possible to update the "Valid until" membership field for multiple members in one go (.e.g. change the date for John, Bill and Mary to 2014 but not for Richard & Craig, who haven't renewed yet) instead of having to go into each profile manually.

Their secretary only makes changes to the memberslist once or twice a week and it would help his workload if he could update multiple users at once.

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 11 months ago #226398 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Single field update on multiple users

remerus wrote: I've built a membership list using CB for an association that have yearly membership dues, the payment & recording of which members have renewed or not is dealt with in another, separate system.

They asked if it's possible to update the "Valid until" membership field for multiple members in one go (.e.g. change the date for John, Bill and Mary to 2014 but not for Richard & Craig, who haven't renewed yet) instead of having to go into each profile manually.

Their secretary only makes changes to the memberslist once or twice a week and it would help his workload if he could update multiple users at once.

Thanks!

No such feature exists - you might be able to use CB Juice to do this or you could directly to this in database - nothing easy exists.
The following user(s) said Thank You: remerus

10 years 11 months ago #226445 by remerus
Replied by remerus on topic Single field update on multiple users
Thanks for the prompt reply - now at least I know I'm going to have to make him something...

10 years 11 months ago #226476 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Single field update on multiple users

remerus wrote: Thanks for the prompt reply - now at least I know I'm going to have to make him something...

You might also want to consider or investigate CBSubs as it does support membership subscriptions and it does have an import facility to import new memberships from text file.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn