Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List

10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #235255 by stuntlist
Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List was created by stuntlist
Hi,

I am trying to upgrade a Joomla 1.5 site with CB 1.8 to Joomla 3.x and CB 1.9.

On the Joomla 1.5 site the CB User list menu item has 2 fields that are missing in the Joomla 3 / CB 1.9 site. The field to specify what list you want to use (list id field) and the "Searchmode only" field. We are using both of these setting on our Joomla 1.5 site. We have over 30 different user lists and need to setup different menu items for each of the user lists. Some of these lists we want to display in search only mode and some of them to Show List. I can't find either of these settings in the User List menu item on Joomla 3. Is there a different approach use with Joomla 3 or is there a bug in CB 1.9 that these fields are not displaying?

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: justin-ims

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 5 months ago #235727 by milesahead01
Replied by milesahead01 on topic Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List
User List Search: I have been using CB in my church site, with a member directory available in a CB 1.9 List. Works fine. Including search – so members can look up a phone number and address. All that is in a Joomla 1.5.20 site. I am now working to upgrade to Joomla 3.1.5 (default template Protostar). The CB member directory works OK in the J3.1.5 test site EXCEPT that ‘Search’ does not present a search box. Instead it just lists the entire directory, just as the menu item that DOES list the directory does. In my J1.5.20 site, in the Menu Item for the ‘search’, Parameters (Basic) offers a choice: “Searchmode only” that I can set to “Show Search only” (rather than “Show List”). I cannot find such a parameter in the J3.1.5 version. It is as though the “Show Search only” option does not exist and the only possible List display is “Show List”. Surely there is a way to search the list and display only the members that meet the search criteria. Suggestions??

10 years 4 months ago #236054 by stuntlist
Replied by stuntlist on topic Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List
Hopefully, they will fix this problem is 1.9.1 that is coming out soon.

Would be nice to hear from the developers about this issue though.

10 years 4 months ago #236469 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List

stuntlist wrote: Hopefully, they will fix this problem is 1.9.1 that is coming out soon.

Would be nice to hear from the developers about this issue though.

This issue will be resolved in CB 1.10 / Joomla 3.2+

10 years 4 months ago #236509 by milesahead01
Replied by milesahead01 on topic Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List
Well, I'm pleased to report that there does seem to be progress in 1.9.1. I installed it and I am able to get a Search button on a user directory listing, and it works. I am on J3.1.5, have not tried 3.2.

10 years 2 months ago #239160 by ernienet
Replied by ernienet on topic Bug: CB 1.9 on Joomla 3.x site User List
Is there now a way to specify a specific list in the menu yet? I'm using CB 1.9.1 and Joomla 3.2, and I can't find it.

I'm using the Joomla External Link menu option and populating it with the URL from the list. This is working, but it's kind of a clunky workaround, and not quite intuitive.

I hope you'll add this feature soon - it would be much more convenient.

Thank you,

Ernie

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.502 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn