Warning: is_readable() [function.is-readable]: open_basedir restriction in effect

10 years 2 months ago #241182 by pcleader44
:angry: Same problem here !! Version 1.9.1 and issue !!!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago #241201 by Stretchlandy

If you still have issue please open a new support thread in the Professional support forums.

And there is the rub. I can't get the basic package to work properly out of the box, and have reported a bug. Clearly there is a problem, but you are not interested in helping non-paying members.

Whilst I understand and agree with this position of paid support, your reply above does make you look very much like you are not interested in solving bugs in your basic package without payment of some sort. Why should I now commit money to fix this software? Will the software work better if I upgrade my membership of the site? Is that the whole point?

10 years 2 months ago #241212 by QEmiel
Hi everybody,

I found the solution for solving this error latero on the Internet and it works.
Change the following lines in the file: PasswordHash.php in /libraries/phpass

Line 48
function get_random_bytes($count)
{
$output = '';
#
this gives a warning--replace it
# if (is_readable('/dev/urandom') &&
# ($fh = @fopen('/dev/urandom', 'rb'))) {
#
if ($fh = @fopen('/dev/urandom', 'rb')) {
$output = fread($fh, $count);
fclose($fh);
}

Best regards.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: nimado, NathWeb

10 years 2 months ago #241223 by nant

Stretchlandy wrote:

If you still have issue please open a new support thread in the Professional support forums.

And there is the rub. I can't get the basic package to work properly out of the box, and have reported a bug. Clearly there is a problem, but you are not interested in helping non-paying members.

Whilst I understand and agree with this position of paid support, your reply above does make you look very much like you are not interested in solving bugs in your basic package without payment of some sort. Why should I now commit money to fix this software? Will the software work better if I upgrade my membership of the site? Is that the whole point?

If it was a bug we could replicate we would fix it.

If you install a clean Joomla 2.5.18 or 3.2.2 site with just CB 1.9.1 installed can you replicate the issue?

I cannot.

So something else is causing your issues. Could be your hosting - could be something else you have installed.

10 years 2 months ago #241229 by BlauWebDE
Hi, thanks for your answeer. i hide the error message :)

10 years 2 months ago #241237 by beat
Known Joomal 3.2.1 and 2.5.18 bug, fixed for next Joomla 3.2.2 and 2.5.19.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn