[SOLVED] Trying to remove "dot" from screen

13 years 3 months ago #152144 by Kymmy
Replied by Kymmy on topic Re:Trying to remove "dot" from screen
Not really solved a solution as this then stops the usage of bullets being used in any other editor that uses the template.css class for the bullets.. Surely there must be a way of stopping or overiding the inherit of this class within the comprofiler template itself??

Sites I use Community Builder on: www.bartonleclay.org www.super-tenere.net www.geoies.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #152148 by Kymmy

alien8d wrote: I removed the following section from the .css file.

/* List ---*/
.column ul li {
background: url(../images/bullet.gif) no-repeat 20px 7px;
line-height: 160%;
margin-bottom: 5px;
overflow: hidden;
padding-left: 30px;
}

.column ol li { line-height: 180%; margin-left: 30px; }

This means that Ja Purity will no longer override the styles of a Joomla component/module, and will use the style of the component or module itself.

Post edited by: alien8d, at: 2011/01/05 15:09

I'm not to familiar with CSS but I've managed to work out the correct solution..

Instead of removing the statement from joomla's template.css which will stop the bullets working in articles it's best to copy the statement to the CB's template (/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/templates/*****/template.css ) and then modify that statement to read the following
.column ul li {
	background-color: #******;
	background-image: none !important;
	line-height: 160%;
	margin-bottom: 5px;
	overflow: hidden;
	padding-left: 30px;
}

By using the !important you are telling the CSS that this countermands the cascading style for that class. (set the color to whatever is relevant to the CB template you use)

Sites I use Community Builder on: www.bartonleclay.org www.super-tenere.net www.geoies.com

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #152154 by Kymmy
In fact I've just superceeded my own solution with an extremely simple solution..

In the cb template.css file just mark the CBmenu and CBSSMenu li background statements as !important (you may need to include a background-image: none !important; if the template doesn;t specify a background (for example the OSX template has the background image statement already so you need to mark those as important but the default template does not so you have to specify that there is no background image))

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn