User creation failed

13 years 3 months ago #150971 by tomhut
User creation failed was created by tomhut
I installed Community Builder and it works great, except that user registration is not working (completely).
When a new user registers, the system should send email for user approval to site admin. This is not working. CB also shows this message: "DB function reports no errors"
New user is created, but it doesn't show up at User Management UNTIL I go to CB Tools Manager and Check Users Database. It shows this:

All Community Builder comprofiler table rows have links to user table.

All users table rows have links to comprofiler table.

users table has no zero id row.

comprofiler table has no zero id row.

All rows in comprofiler table have user_id columns identical to id columns.

All users table rows have ACL entries in core_acl_aro table.

All ACL core_acl_aro table rows have corresponding entries in users table.

Warning: 1 entries in the core_acl_aro table without corresponding core_acl_groups_aro_map table rows.

Following entries of core_acl_aro table are missing in core_acl_groups_aro_map table: user id=157 (aro_id=105).

This one can be fixed by first backing up database then by clicking here.

All core_acl_aro table rows have ACL entries in core_acl_groups_aro_map table.

When I fix this, it shows:

Added 1 new entries to core_acl_groups_aro_map table from core_acl_aro Table.
Joomla/Mambo User Table and Joomla/Mambo ACL Table should now be in sync!

and user shows up at User Management.

What might be the problem?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #150972 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: User creation failed

tomhut wrote: I installed Community Builder and it works great, except that user registration is not working (completely).
When a new user registers, the system should send email for user approval to site admin. This is not working.

CB needs to be configured to do this.
See CB Configuration tabs for setup.
You also need to have CB Moderators configured to accept emails.

CB also shows this message: "DB function reports no errors"

Where and when exactly is this message shown?

New user is created, but it doesn't show up at User Management UNTIL I go to CB Tools Manager and Check Users Database.

Sound like you are not using CB registration form?
Please follow the installation guide included in the package to properly configure CB (and disable Joomla login).

13 years 3 months ago #151092 by tomhut
Replied by tomhut on topic Re: User creation failed

nant wrote:

tomhut wrote: I installed Community Builder and it works great, except that user registration is not working (completely).
When a new user registers, the system should send email for user approval to site admin. This is not working.

CB needs to be configured to do this.
See CB Configuration tabs for setup.
You also need to have CB Moderators configured to accept emails.

I have already done all that, but no help.

CB also shows this message: "DB function reports no errors"

Where and when exactly is this message shown?

When I have created a new user and I click Register.

New user is created, but it doesn't show up at User Management UNTIL I go to CB Tools Manager and Check Users Database.

Sound like you are not using CB registration form?
Please follow the installation guide included in the package to properly configure CB (and disable Joomla login).

Done that, doesn't help.
I wondered, that might the problem be with the user rights in files and folders? I've had problems with them.

13 years 3 months ago #151101 by AbbyTheRat
Replied by AbbyTheRat on topic Re: User creation failed
I have same problem, here's more information. I am using Joomla 1.6 Stable. When registering a new user, it says "DB function reports no errors". When using email required confirmation, sometimes the email post and it contains no confirm code in the URL. I think this happens if you try to sign up with the email again but need to test more to confirm.

It seem to create a user on the joomla user table but doesn't finish creating links to CB tables. I think this may be due to the changes from 15 to Stable.. As the users is also created without being in any default group. That might be a hint to where the problem is.

13 years 3 months ago #151108 by nant

AbbyTheRat wrote: I have same problem, here's more information. I am using Joomla 1.6 Stable. When registering a new user, it says "DB function reports no errors". When using email required confirmation, sometimes the email post and it contains no confirm code in the URL. I think this happens if you try to sign up with the email again but need to test more to confirm.

It seem to create a user on the joomla user table but doesn't finish creating links to CB tables. I think this may be due to the changes from 15 to Stable.. As the users is also created without being in any default group. That might be a hint to where the problem is.

THANK YOU for sharing the fact that you have Joomla 1.6 installed.

CB 1.3.1 has issues with Joomla 1.6.0 due to last minute API changes at Joomla 1.6 level.
This fact has been documented in other posts (please search if you want) along with patch directions (on our forge) to fix before next release (please don;t ask when).

13 years 3 months ago #151109 by nant

tomhut wrote:

nant wrote:
Done that, doesn't help.
I wondered, that might the problem be with the user rights in files and folders? I've had problems with them.

Are you also using Joomla 1.6?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn