Fill lots of data for user inside multiple fields

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #151934 by karkunum
Hi,say I have a list of 100 students. Each of them have a tab called Subjects. Under Subjects, there are many fields, for example, English, Math, History etc...

As a teacher, I would like to put their exam results into their profile page. Yes, is can be done, if I insert the data one by one for every students.

My question is, can I use sql insertion and pun into CB MySql database so, that I can put all exam results of all 100 users with ease? Maybe using MS Excel and imported into mysql database...

For example,
Student 1 :
English :80
Math : 90
History : 70

Student 2 :
English : 70
Math : 100
History : 65

Student 3 .... etc.

Any idea how to write the database to be inserted into the CB database? (Assuming that all the subjects fields have been created).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153826 by karkunum
Anybody have any idea?

13 years 2 months ago #153904 by heyai
It's certainly possible to update the pupil's row in the comprofiler database table with the information. If I remember correctly MS Access is fairly able to create SQL statements to do this.
There's also CBJuice, which you can use to import and export CB users. As I don't have any experiences with it I cannot tell whether it's easy to update profiles this way.

Sorry, not much info but I hope it helps.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 2 months ago #154011 by karkunum
Thank you.

I've tried CBJuice but don't know how to create the file. The saved database looks too messy when open using MS Excel. Don't know how to edit.

13 years 2 months ago #154025 by heyai
As far as I know CBJuice uses CSV files (comma separated values). Using the import function of Excel you should be able to display and edit them properly.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn