Registered User Not Allowed to See Article

13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #152104 by berto86

berto86 wrote: To see the prompt I'm referring to, click the "For Members" link in the left-hand menu

i try and i don't have problem for see the article..Try empy the cache of joomla

np, sry, i see now where is the problem.
in the normal login in the right for log u need use the e-mail, in the link "for member" you need use the username, so of course, when some1 log always in the right pannel, he use the email.But if some1 use the email in "for members", is normal that have error for the login.
Set "use e-mail" or better, use e-mail or username for log.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #152105 by bluepete
Replied by bluepete on topic Re: Registered User Not Allowed to See Article
I emptied the cache just now and tried to login via the prompt after clicking For Members and login not accepted. Login was accepted via CB Login module.

bluepete

13 years 3 months ago #152106 by berto86
"for member", if i log with username and not with e-mail, i don'thave problem :)

13 years 3 months ago #152107 by bluepete
Yes! I've confirmed this. I kept using my email and it wouldn't work. Thank you berto86! Many karma points to you!

bluepete

13 years 3 months ago #152108 by berto86

13 years 3 months ago #152113 by bluepete
Just in case the CB developers are watching, it would be nice if this login prompt were using the CB login code, rather than com_user. Rather than switch CB to user or email as login (I prefer to use email), I had to modify com_user's login view to prompt for the username only and discourage the email address. Not a big deal, but somewhat inconvenient. Thank you!

bluepete

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.176 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn