1.3.1 upgrade-jos_comprofiler field mismatch

13 years 2 months ago #155450 by dmcleer34
I have recently migrated a site using the Joomla migration tool from 1.0.15 to 1.5.22. All is up and running well, but I am missing some user data in CB. During the migration, I installed CB 1.3.1 instead of 1.2.1. The old site has CB 1.2.1. All of the Joomla database tables came across during the migration. So, CB 1.3.1 on my new site is reading data that was from 1.2.1 in the old site. I noticed that the "Additional Information" tab fields for each user are blank on the new 1.3.1 CB installation. I was going to do a database dump from the old site, and an SQL INSERT into the new site to get all that information back into the jos_comprofiler table. But before I did that, I comparing the two SQL dumps of jos_comprofiler table, one from my old 1.2.1 site and one from the new 1.3.1 site. I see that the table field headings are not the same. Here is what the SQL dump gave me for each site:

CB 1.2.1 site:

INSERT INTO `jos_comprofiler` (`id`, `user_id`, `firstname`, `middlename`, `lastname`, `hits`, `message_last_sent`, `message_number_sent`, `avatar`, `avatarapproved`, `approved`, `confirmed`, `lastupdatedate`, `registeripaddr`, `cbactivation`, `banned`, `banneddate`, `unbanneddate`, `bannedby`, `unbannedby`, `bannedreason`, `acceptedterms`, `cb_nameofacademy`, `cb_position`, `cb_website`, `cb_location`, `cb_occupation`, `cb_interests`, `cb_address`, `cb_city`, `cb_state`, `cb_zipcode`, `cb_phone`, `cb_fax`, `cb_starbasedirector`, `cb_starbasestaff`)

CB 1.3.1 site:

INSERT INTO `jos_comprofiler` (`id`, `user_id`, `firstname`, `middlename`, `lastname`, `hits`, `message_last_sent`, `message_number_sent`, `avatar`, `avatarapproved`, `approved`, `confirmed`, `lastupdatedate`, `registeripaddr`, `cbactivation`, `banned`, `banneddate`, `unbanneddate`, `bannedby`, `unbannedby`, `bannedreason`, `acceptedterms`, `website`, `location`, `occupation`, `interests`, `company`, `address`, `city`, `state`, `zipcode`, `country`, `phone`, `fax`, `cb_starbasedirector`, `cb_nameofacademy`, `cb_position`, `cb_starbasestaff`, `cb_emailtwo`, `fbviewtype`, `fbordering`, `fbsignature`)

Although I have some custom fields created, it appears that the naming of the field headers has changed. For example, the web site URL field was called 'cb_website' in 1.2.1. It is now called 'website' in 1.3.1.

Is there a way to "translate" the database from 1.2.1 so that all the fields will match up in 1.3.1?

I have followed the guidance in the "Help Us Help" You FAQ:

None of the above resolve your issue? (the following are general fixes)

1. Is CB login module published and joomlas unpublished? YES
2. Is CB registration independent of joomlas? YES
3. Is your webhost using the latest PHP5? YES. 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.10
4. Is CB and Joomla up to date? J 1.5.22. Will upgrade to CB 1.4 once I get this issue fixed.
5. Is your CB default template enabled in plugin management? YES
6. Does using default joomla template resolve your issue? NO
7. Have you disabled CB plugins 1 by 1 until resolved work? YES. Does not change anything
8. Have you disabled Joomla modules 1 by 1 until resolved work? YES. Does not change anything
9. Have you disabled Joomla plugins 1 by 1 until resolved work? YES. Does not change anything
10. Have you ran all CB tools? (should be all green) YES.
11. Does a fresh Joomla and CB install work? (in subfolder without replacing current site) NO
12. Is your webhost PHP memory limit set high enough? (memory_limit) YES.
13. Is your webhost PHP timeout limit set high enough? (max_execution_time) YES.
14. Have you checked permissions from joomla backend? (should be all green) YES.
15. Have you unziped and repacked com_comprofiler.zip before installing? YES.
16. Have you disabled and purged Joomla cache? YES
17. Have you disabled and purged Browser cache? YES
18. Have you disabled and purged host cache? YES
19. Have you disabled sef? YES

None of that help? Create a new post with this information:

1. Exact PHP version. PHP Version 5.2.4-2ubuntu5.10
2. Exact CB version. 1.3.1
3. Exact Joomla version. 1.5.22
4. Detailed description of problem. (screenshots? link?) SEE ABOVE
5. Any error messages reported with Joomla debug mode on and error reporting set to maximum? NONE
6. Any error messages reported with your hosts error log? NONE
7. Any ACL modification components? (JACL, etc..) JUGA on both OLD and new sites
8. Any SEF components? NONE
9. Move or encrypt configuration.php? NO
10. Upgrade from CB version ?? or fresh install? SEE DESCRIPTION ABOVE
11. Migrated from Joomla version ?? or fresh install? SEE DESCRIPTION ABOVE
12. What browser is issue present in? ALL BROWSERS

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155452 by dmcleer34
Replied by dmcleer34 on topic Re: 1.3.1 upgrade-jos_comprofiler field mismatch
I forgot to mention that in the new CB 1.3.1 install on my migrated site, the mismatched fields, such as 'website', 'cb_nameofacademy' are all showing NULL in the database, since the fields are either a different name, or in a different order in the SQL statement...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn