Editor Text Area

13 years 1 month ago #156576 by fabiotosi2004
Editor Text Area was created by fabiotosi2004
Hi

I have installed CB v. 1.4
When I try to create a new field type "Editor Text Area" I can't save it. The floppy-icon doesn't work

Any ideas?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156690 by bgies
Replied by bgies on topic Re: Editor Text Area
Just want to confirm I have the same issue.

J 1.6, CB 1.4

I tried with both Code Mirror editor enabled and TinyMCE (just in case it was a Code Mirror issue). I can save just a normal text area. Oh.. also tried in both FireFox and Google Chrome in case it was browser specific.

When this happens, none of the 3 toolbar buttons work, although the code is there. The only way out of the screen is to use another link at the top of the screen. I assume that there is a javascript error when the Editor Text Area field is chosen, because the SaveField function is there but disabled.

13 years 1 month ago #156743 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Editor Text Area
Do you see a Javascript error in the Javascript console of your browser ?

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156758 by bertm
Replied by bertm on topic Re: Editor Text Area
I see this error with MCE, but problem does not exist when using JCE editor (v 1579)
message in browser status bar says "error on page". further details:

Line: 418
Char: 122
Code: 0
URI: /administrator/index.php

(j1.5.22 cb1.4 WAMP IE8)

13 years 1 month ago #156810 by bgies
My line number is different... I get line number 303 (J 1.6.1), but this is the line it occurs on (in core.js).

if (tinyMCE.get("description").isHidden()) {tinyMCE.get("description").show()}; tinyMCE.get("description").save();if (tinyMCE.get("default").isHidden()) {tinyMCE.get("default").show()}; tinyMCE.get("default").save(); submitform(pressbutton);

Sorry.. I guess I had the console disabled, so didn't see it before.

13 years 1 month ago #156818 by bgies
Just wanted to confirm that if you change your user profile to use "No Editor" the error is avoided so you can save the field, and then re-enable your editor.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.226 seconds