Disabling New CB Users

13 years 1 month ago #159408 by chapmanla
Disabling New CB Users was created by chapmanla
I may be asking to do something that CB was not meant to do. I would like to enable CB profiles for just the staff of an organization. I need to enable registration for other non-staff users, but not allow non-staff users to create or edit profiles. I plan on setting up user accounts for all staff members using the Joomla backend.

I have been able to accomplish what I need by setting the access level of the CB Menu plugin to "Special" (all staff members are set with "Author" status) and using the baseline Joomla Login module rather than CB Login . When doing this, all non-special users are able to see Staff profiles but are not presented with any menu items that would allow them to create/edit their own profile.

This approach works fine except that all users (both staff and non-staff) show up in the CB User Manager. Non-staff users are shown as Not-Enabled and Not-Confirmed. As the user list grows, there will be many more Not-Enabled users than Enabled Staff members. While I suspect that there is a one-to-one relationship between the Joomla User List and the CB User Manager, I am wondering if there is any approach that would limit the CB user list to just Staff members (i.e., Enabled users).

Thanks for any advice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn