Adding a badge to a member's profile

9 years 5 months ago #252023 by maestroc
Adding a badge to a member's profile was created by maestroc
We would like to be able to manually add a badge/logo to appear on a user's profile if they have met certain requirements. What would be the best way to do this so that only the administrators can control whether or not it shows on a specific person's profile?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #252066 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Adding a badge to a member's profile

maestroc wrote: We would like to be able to manually add a badge/logo to appear on a user's profile if they have met certain requirements. What would be the best way to do this so that only the administrators can control whether or not it shows on a specific person's profile?

With Community Builder 2.0 you can use an HTML field and CB substitutions.

More info available:

www.joomlapolis.com/documentation/community-builder/getting-started
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/226879-community-builder-20-videoblog-tutorials
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18353-using-substitutions-throughout-cb
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/107-use-cases/18403-delimiter-field-magic

9 years 5 months ago #252194 by maestroc
Replied by maestroc on topic Adding a badge to a member's profile
Thanks for your advice. I think I can figure out the delimiter stuff but I am stuck on the very first item. When I go into my fields and create a new field I don't see anything in my Type dropdown for "fields delimiter." Am I looking in the wrong place or is this a plugin of some kind?

9 years 5 months ago #252205 by nant

maestroc wrote: Thanks for your advice. I think I can figure out the delimiter stuff but I am stuck on the very first item. When I go into my fields and create a new field I don't see anything in my Type dropdown for "fields delimiter." Am I looking in the wrong place or is this a plugin of some kind?

Please read again what I wrote:

9 years 5 months ago #252220 by maestroc
Replied by maestroc on topic Adding a badge to a member's profile
Please read again what I wrote:

[/quote]

I understand that, but in one of the pages you linked to:

when you look at the section Image badges for your user profiles" it shows a screen capture that is not like what you have in the video. I didn't watch the videos at first and only after flipping through them this morning did I find the video (CB 2.0 Tutorials - 08) that specifically addresses this topic and shows the image substitution process in CB 2.0.

So for anyone else looking for a solution on this topic watch the video first.

9 years 5 months ago #252222 by nant

maestroc wrote: Please read again what I wrote:

I understand that, but in one of the pages you linked to:

when you look at the section Image badges for your user profiles" it shows a screen capture that is not like what you have in the video. I didn't watch the videos at first and only after flipping through them this morning did I find the video (CB 2.0 Tutorials - 08) that specifically addresses this topic and shows the image substitution process in CB 2.0.

So for anyone else looking for a solution on this topic watch the video first.[/quote]

Yes one of the pages I linked to was a tutorial based on CB 1.9.1 - back then the CB 2,0 HTML field was called a delimiter field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn