#2367 Registration Email only coming to first mod

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #155258 by jconnoll01
When a user registers on the site I have set up, it only seems to let the main administrator know. I need the system to email all the people set to super-admin. I've checked my settings a million times, it's set to email super-admins when a new user registers.

If I have to, I need to edit the core files to just send these emails manually. Which files do I need to edit? I'm using 1.3.1.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155261 by nant
Please upgrade to CB 1.4 and try again.

Also please post your joomla version.

13 years 1 month ago #155308 by jconnoll01
Joomla 1.5.22
I will upgrade to 1.4 today as well, thanks!

13 years 3 weeks ago #156146 by jconnoll01
I went ahead, and created a new subdomain on my server. I installed Joomla 1.5.22, and then CB 1.4. It's a simple install with just CB, no other components. I set CB up, and registered. The registree email gets the confirmation email that they registered, but the admin does not get the email. I've tried changing a bunch of stuff around, with no luck. I can confirm that Joomla system emails do send out, I used the mass mail setting.

I've been in touch with the server company, and they don't see the emails to the admin being generated. But it may be something on the server setup to block the emails. I am on a Media Temple server.

At this point, I'm under pressure, and I just need to get this working. I am willing to hack the core files just to send the emails out to the 4 or so admins. But I could not find which file does this.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156159 by nant

jconnoll01 wrote: I went ahead, and created a new subdomain on my server. I installed Joomla 1.5.22, and then CB 1.4. It's a simple install with just CB, no other components. I set CB up, and registered. The registree email gets the confirmation email that they registered, but the admin does not get the email. I've tried changing a bunch of stuff around, with no luck. I can confirm that Joomla system emails do send out, I used the mass mail setting.

I've been in touch with the server company, and they don't see the emails to the admin being generated. But it may be something on the server setup to block the emails. I am on a Media Temple server.

At this point, I'm under pressure, and I just need to get this working. I am willing to hack the core files just to send the emails out to the 4 or so admins. But I could not find which file does this.

You need to make sure all "admins" are in the CB moderation group and that each one of them has the Receive Moderator Emails: parameter set to Yes on there contact info tab in CB uSer manager backend.

13 years 3 weeks ago #156164 by jconnoll01
Those were all set correctly. The CB moderation group is marked as Super-admins, and the admin user has that receive moderator emails checked. They are also checked to receive system emails in the main user manager. I did another registration, and no luck. These are both Joomla and CB installs downloaded today.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn