Ajax Reply Error

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #166274 by lucato
Replied by lucato on topic Re: Ajax Reply Error

chadronlc wrote: Please Help. This quick fix does not work for me.

Since updating to CB 1.4 I have not been able to add new members (joomla version 1.5.23).

The fix alters the plugin.class.php file in com_profiler. My file was slightly different than the fix suggests as follows:

first change is to comment line 1991 "this.startRequest(element)"
I found this on line 3981 in my file and commented it out.

second fix is to comment line 2011 "validator.stopRequest(element, response)"
I found this on line 4021 and commented it out.

third fix is to comment line 2019 "validator.stopRequest(element, response)"
I could not find this second occurrence of the validator statement. Instead, I found "validator.stopRequest(element, textStatus)" on line 4037 and commented it out.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

My file is different too. Please check this thread dev team . Not sure if it would be the reason for such errors!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167287 by BillB133
Replied by BillB133 on topic Re: Ajax Reply Error
Did they ever respond with a fix that worked? My experience was exactly like yours, about your file not being exactly the way it was explained in the "fix".

It's hard to believe that something as important as adding new members is not being treated with the absolute highest priority. That sort of thing should have been fixed within 24 hours. Or maybe it isn't that high a priority because it is happening to only a few people. If that is the case, what makes us different?

Things like not being able to add new members is what causes people to look for an alternative to CB.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167427 by lucato
No response here yet nor in the link above and I'm not getting to have new members sinsce than. Sometimes it take 15 minutes to complete the process. Did you get any news on it? I need an urgent help please? Losing a lot of new members!

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167469 by lucato
Btw, I just found out that when registering from English version take less time than the portuguese, but the weird thing it that it doesn't seems to have a administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php file for Portuguese to give such slow registration or edit to comment ou to fix such issue. Besides that, when registering from the Portuguese version at the conclusion after long "15" minutes it gives the error:

Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]: Too few arguments in .../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/comprofiler.class.php on line 9777

This error above doesn't show when registering from the English version.

Any idea what can be wrong?

12 years 10 months ago #167531 by lucato
Hi folks, regarding this 15 minutes delay to complete the registration process when registering new members I want to inform that I got to solve and it had nothing to do with CB or this file mentioned before. Maybe it can be useful for someone else facing the same issue. I was using a spam protection that was causing such delay and I don't know why, so it was a plugin_easycalccheckplus_v1.5-13-1 and also I uninstall the Security Images and it solved the issue. Now the register is working ok. Just the error message "Warning: sprintf() [function.sprintf]:" as mentioned before in the Portuguese version remains, but I've posted a message for Edublender that I thing that is the guy who is in charge for the translation.

Thanks folks.

12 years 9 months ago #171174 by cgarin
Replied by cgarin on topic Re: Ajax Reply Error
Hi, this solution doesn't work for me. I've got "can't access mysql database" error message.
Could you please help ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.220 seconds