Lost password and username email not being sent

12 years 3 months ago #185985 by nant
suggest you turn on debug and see if any messages pop up.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 3 months ago #185986 by edjec
Its a 24/7 live site and I hesitate to do that. I'll be flooded with complaints.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #185987 by edjec
I checked my development server and it is exhibiting the same problems as the live site. I also checked server error logs on both sites and found nothing suspicious pertaining to the login function. Turning on debug with the dev server produced the results contained in the attached .txt files - one with CB Captcha and the other without.

File Attachment:

File Name: withCBcaptcha.txt
File Size:14 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: withoutCBcaptcha.txt
File Size:13 KB
Attachments:

12 years 3 months ago #186131 by edjec
[Work Around]

I could not find a solution to this problem, so I bypassed the "Forgot Login" function in mod_cblogin.php and installed the Reset Password component available from the JED download library.

To bypass and remove the "Forgot Login" link from the Login module, locate the mod_cblogin.php file and at line 628 comment out the following:
/*if ($compact) {
		$txtLostLogin		=	_UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD;	
	} else {
		$txtLostLogin		=	( ( $jVersion == -1 ) ? _UE_USERNAME_PASSWORD_REMINDER : _UE_LOST_USERNAME_PASSWORD );
	}*/

Install the Reset Password component and plugin, make a menu item for the Joomla username default reminder and another for the Reset Password component.

It may not be as intuitive to the user but it works.

12 years 3 months ago #186213 by 5b4ahz
this is what i have done as well, until a solution can be provided to the CB Forgot Login utility. I hope a solution is found soon as the CB Forgot Login is much more intuitive and incorporates the CB Captcha as well which is quite useful.

12 years 1 month ago #191905 by emomoney
I've confirmed this is not working either. I still have a site using 1.23 and I have no problems with that version.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn