Update to Joomla 1.7.0 crashes caused by CB?

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170322 by HThole
Dear all,

I tried to upgrade Joomla 1.6.5 to 1.7.0 via backend-update. The update crashed with a failure (see attachement).

Thank got a had an backup, so I could roll back.

Can anyone help to solve this?

Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #170343 by beat
Please fully read instructions, specially the section "Before you begin" when doing a quick update:
docs.joomla.org/Upgrading_1.6.5_to_1.7

most major extensions of Joomla are not compatible with Joomla 1.7 yet:
forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.php?p=2560224#p2560224

It is also surprising to us that Joomla 1.7 is a security upgrade to Joomla 1.6.5, and that there is no Joomla 1.6.6 security release, while Joomla 1.6 should be maintained for 1 more month, giving time to extensions to test and release Joomla 1.7-compatible stable versions, which is impossible overnight.

We have released a RC release of CB 1.7 to CB workgroup and Pro members as usual, for getting enough feedback before general stable release, scheduled no later than already announced August 1st:
www.joomlapolis.com/news/18191-cb-17-rc-released-to-professional-members

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info
The following user(s) said Thank You: HThole

12 years 9 months ago #170346 by HThole
Dear Beat,

thanks for your quick reply.

As you said, I wanted to update due to security reasons. The new Joomla-Update-Strategy ist still confusing for me, just because it seems to be non-synchronized with all programmers for the modules and so on.

I just feel as a kind of CMS-Guinea-Pig for testing, and I don't like the Joomla team making me feel so. You're perfectly right about a missing Joomla 1.6.6-Version as an Security update, I think it would be good to adress this to the Joomla-team.

I worked out all hints before update, esp. Backup, Backup, Backup, what helped me survive.

As a hint for all here: I used Akeeba-Backup with the additional Kickstart-Tool for Restore, which made my day. The rollback took only a few minutes. Akeeba ist absolutely great.

Just as a guess: It would be helpful if Joomlapolis could make a Newsbox on the mainpage just adressing if the actual version would be compatible, when a Joomla-Update occurs.

And to make this clear: I'm angry about Joomla for the new Update-strategy, NOT about Joomlapolis.

Thanks again for yor quick reply.

12 years 9 months ago #170406 by iqualjo
Hi,
same here.
It seems that due or via plugin.foundation.php most errors are caused.

Do you have any clue on when the update will be available?

Thanks a lot for your great effort.

12 years 9 months ago #170506 by iqualjo
(same message put in general as there are 2 topics on the same subject)

By the way. In case fall back to joomla 1.6.5 is too diffucult or impossible for you.

You could enter your database webadmin and disable cb core and plugins/modules so your frontend is visible normal again. But your users can't enter the way they normally do.
So now you can put a message on that they have to wait a little while.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.828 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn