Internal Server Error with CB 1.7

12 years 8 months ago #174808 by Back2Cali
Internal Server Error with CB 1.7 was created by Back2Cali
Hi everybody,

I'm running a Joomla 1.7 website with Community Builder 1.7 and Kunena 1.7.
Unfortunately community builder seems to cause some issues in this combination.
I get several "Internal Server Error" Messages. These appear when I integrate avatars from CB into Kunena and accessing Kunena afterwards. Disabling the CB Avatar integration in Kunena let's me access the forum again. Also in the Administrator backend when clicking on "User Management" "Tab Management" and "Field Management" the same internal error message appears. Everything else can be accessed as usual.

Does anyone know what might cause this and more important how to fix it? I'm running this website on Greengeeks which is known for being totally Joomla compatible. Also I had an existing joomla userbase running on an Joomla 1.5 installation with community builder installed. I took those tables out of the database to integrate them into a fresh and clean J1.7 installation (after upgrading with JUpgrade I took the database of the upgraded installation).

So does anyone know how I can solve this? Unfortunately the logfiles of the server don't help me finding out what causes this...

Thanks!

BYE
Christian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #175872 by trace11
Replied by trace11 on topic Re: Internal Server Error with CB 1.7
I got this same error. I've temporarily disabled avatar use, but am considering removing CB altogether if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Totally bogus.

12 years 7 months ago #175880 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Internal Server Error with CB 1.7
Suggest you look at error logs or at least follow our FAQ articles to debug.

If you are a newbie and have an internal server error you should contact your host for assistance.

Your environment is causing this error and only someone on your environment can debug.

12 years 7 months ago #175881 by nant

trace11 wrote: I got this same error. I've temporarily disabled avatar use, but am considering removing CB altogether if this doesn't get resolved soon.

Totally bogus.

Well everything works just fine on a dozen or so test sites I have with CB 1.7 and Joomla 1.5.23 / Joomla 1.7, so no bugs for my on my testing (or thousands of other users).

No resolution exists because no data has been provided from your end.

12 years 7 months ago #175907 by Back2Cali
Replied by Back2Cali on topic Re: Internal Server Error with CB 1.7
I checked my logfiles but nothing appeared there. So I contacted the provider and they told me that I was running either on to much memory or consume to much CPU. So I checked my CPanel Account for either one of them at it seems that for whatever reason every time I will do something with CB or any access for a profile happens, it all over sudden consumes more than the 512MB ram that are allowed on my hosting package.

So what data do you exactly need from me to recreate this error? I'm as you pointed out a CB Newbie and would like to provide you all data so I might get a hint what's wrong.

Thank you very much!

12 years 7 months ago #175909 by nant

Back2Cali wrote: I checked my logfiles but nothing appeared there. So I contacted the provider and they told me that I was running either on to much memory or consume to much CPU. So I checked my CPanel Account for either one of them at it seems that for whatever reason every time I will do something with CB or any access for a profile happens, it all over sudden consumes more than the 512MB ram that are allowed on my hosting package.

So what data do you exactly need from me to recreate this error? I'm as you pointed out a CB Newbie and would like to provide you all data so I might get a hint what's wrong.

Thank you very much!

Please turn on Joomla debug and check if memory error occurs.

You can also follow this article to check your memory:

magazine.joomla.org/issues/Issue-Dec-2010/item/295-Are-you-getting-your-fair-share-of-PHP-memory

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn