Internal Server Error with CB 1.7

12 years 7 months ago #175960 by Back2Cali
Replied by Back2Cali on topic Re: Internal Server Error with CB 1.7
I did what you said, but currently facing the following issue:

Enabling the Debug Mode doesn't seem to work since I don't see a single debug information (I'm using the Gantry Framework, btw.). So I can't get anything out of that. When for example clicking on my own user profile, all I get is this:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@makotoaikido.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Checking again on the CPanel shows me that the main memory of 512MB was fully used so the message was caused by the memory restrictions.

Maybe this information can help, too: I'm running this site with about 100 registered users and had CB running on Joomla 1.5. I did migrate the site to 1.7 with JUpgrade and took out all tables from this upgrade. I modified the SQL file and after a fresh install of Joomla 1.7 I inserted the tables in the database and installed the newest version of CB for Joomla 1.7 afterwards. This is all I did. Some things like settings and so on work, but whenever there will be access to user related data (avatars from kunena, me clicking on profile details, administrative actions on user data) the error above appears. Nothing else is causing this. So might there be something wrong with the database when accessing the user profiles?

What else can I do to get this fixed?

Thanks a lot! I appreciate your help very much!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 7 months ago #176114 by Back2Cali
I investigated a little further:

So I registered a new user on Joomla 1.7 using CB. Everything works and I can also access the user profile from the frontend. Backend still leads to the same error. Accessing a previous existing profile (like mine) also leads to this error. So it has something to do with how CB accesses profiles from previous existing installations under 1.5 that have been migrated to J1.7

I also used every built-in tool to check the database, but it didn't help. So is there any way to fix this? Or at least to figure out what's wrong....

Thanks!

12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #176367 by Back2Cali
Another day another step forward:

I did set up a local LAMP Server on my computer to have the maximum amount of memory available so I can go beyond the error that I have with my provider.

Now when accessing my site locally this is what I get:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /srv/http/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 449

I increased local memory to 1024MB in my php.ini but the error still remains. So something is just very odd and I can't figure out what it is... :(

So is there anyone who can help me with this now? What else can I do to fix this error and have the website up an running?

Thanks!

12 years 7 months ago #176381 by nant

12 years 7 months ago #176383 by Back2Cali
Did you also migrate from an existing Joomla 1.5 installation with CB 1.7 to Joomla 1.7 with CB 1.7?

I've redone this step twice and get the same result every time...

I believe that you might not have this issue, but I do and maybe others, too. So I'd like to help finding out what's wrong and how to prevent that. Obviously it has something to do with the Access Control List in J1.7 based on what the error above shows. I'm running only 93 registered people on the website so this shouldn't be to much at all.

Do you like to have the tables or the whole website as it is right now to see for yourself or what would you need to point me into the right direction to fix this error. I really like to help on this although I'm not a php programmer at all.

Just tell me what to do and I will do my best!

Thanks!

BYE

12 years 7 months ago #176545 by Back2Cali
The same error also appears when clicking on Tab Management and Field Management. Same line within the same file.
I rechecked several times, tried to reinstall CB, wiped out the databases and used JBCuice2 to import the users again, but nothing worked so far. Even with no user in the CB table I cannot get to the User Management tab because of this error.

Seems like I'm loosing my whole user database because of this. Do you have any idea what else I could do? Running out of ideas here....

Thanks!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.311 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn