Lost Username/Password javascript error on IE

12 years 6 months ago #178303 by jerryjoh
I recently installed the CB 1.7 upgrade and I'm encountering some problems with the difference between IE and FF browsers. Specifically the lost username/password page is functioning incorrectly on IE but properly on FF. I have traced the javascript through and the problem seems to be one of timing. On IE, in the jQuery function that catches the click to slide open the Lost Username (or Lost Password) panel, the check-box is not showing as checked until after the JS has completed. This is in the $('#boxLostUsername,#boxLostPassword').click function. The process works perfectly on FF.

So what happens is the user clicks the check-box for Lost password on IE and nothing happens. They un-check it and the panel slides open. They check it again and the panel slides closed. As I said: it work perfectly on FF. I also verified that it's not just my computer. In fact, a user reported it.

I am on the latest version of CB, IE9, and FF7. I have tested it on other releases of IE and it is the same (haven't checked IE6 of course).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any suggestions for how to resolve it?

Thanks,

Jerry

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago #182492 by kmanning
I have exactly the same issue. I havent managed to fix a fix as yet.

let me know if you do though.

12 years 2 months ago #190636 by wolverton
Same problem here... however, in our case it looks like it's not a problem with CB, it's a Rockettheme issue. Changed template to "Beez2 - Default" and it works properly... even IE7 works now which would not work at all with the RT template.

A workaround would be to make a menu item for CB "Username/Password reminder" and assign it to the Beez template (and change or delete the default header). This only helps if the user uses the menu item, not the module link.

I'll check on the RT forums for a solution.

Current setup:
Joomla! 2.5.1
CB 1.8 B3
template - rt_reflex_j16 , Gantry v3.2.16

12 years 2 months ago #191461 by wolverton
Problem disappears if Input Styling is disabled in the RocketTheme Template advanced settings....we're using Reflex

12 years 1 month ago #193272 by mpulido
...and what about if you wanna get the template styling?
We preffer a code solution... any suggestion? I can find the problem.
I have Camber rocketheme
:)

12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #196847 by pjof451
Hi all, I've found the solution to this.

In the joomla back-end navigate to Template Manager>'yourtemplate'>Andvanced and under Input Styling add the following code: '.component-content' in the Exclusions field.
Remember to put all exclusion classes and id's in quotation marks and separate by a comma.

Job Done :)

JJ
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn