CB removes Register link in Kunena welcome box.

12 years 5 months ago #182466 by drajinkyas
Fresh J17 install. On it Fresh CB 1.7.1. On it fresh Kunena1.7 Selected CB everywhere in the Integrations tab of Kunena.
I want to have the create account link in the welcome box of Kunena. But in my fresh installation, I have 2 forgot links but no register link. On searching Kunena forums I found many threads where users want to remove the register links or the forgot links. I, on the contrary, want it.

I think this is because of the CB instructions that asks us to turn off user reg in Joomla settings.
Admin->Site->Global Configuration->System (Joomla 1.5/1.6/1.7): set "Allow User Registration" to "No".

Heres what I did...
Test1- In K17, when I changed the Integrations TAB options to Kunena, the register link did not appear. But the URLs pointed to Joomla's forgot password.
Test2- In K17, put back the Integrations TAB options to CB, in J17 User Mgr. Options, turned On the parameter. And... woohoo, the create an account link was available in Kunena. It even showed the CB register link. The moment I turned it off, it was gone.
Thus, CB setting is to blame.

Also, the downside to ignoring CB's recommendation is- If a user tries to access a page on the site that they don't have access to, they're presented with the Joomla registration screen instead of the CB one. So, that's presents a security difficulty.

Can you suggest a workaround.

Regards,
Archie H.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn