Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CB 1.9 - Critical Installation error on MAC OS X 10.8.2 XAMPP 1.7.3 and Joomla 3.0.2

11 years 4 months ago #219729 by enzo_russo
I have tried to install the CB 1.9 on the configuration above mentioned and applied the step mentioned in the CB1.9_Installation.pdf file, but when I tried to run the extension manager for the file "com_comprofiler.zip" appears a error message:

"JInstaller: :Install: Non è stato possibile trovare il file di setup XML
Copia fallita
JInstaller: :Install: fallita copia del file /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/tmp/install_5105a8d2d5e55/metadata.xml in /Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/components/com_comprofiler/metadata.xml"

It means that the file metadata.xml is not present.

I have see the following video
that executes the same activities but the installation is executed good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #219739 by nant
Please study the installation pdf and the readme files included in the CB 1.9 package.

You can also see our FAQ tutorial here:
www.joomlapolis.com/support/tutorials/95-installation/18196-checking-your-php-settings

I am betting that you did not read these and that your php parameter is set to only accept 2M file uploading.

11 years 4 months ago #219819 by enzo_russo
Hi Nant,

thank you for your prompt feedback however I have read the 2 files (pdf and txt), followed again all steps and verified all PHP parameters as you mentioned below (upload_max?filesize=128M, post_max_size=128M loaded configuration file=/Application/xampp/xamppfiles/etc/php.ini.

I have also verified that php.ini exist and that /etc directory authorization level is set to read/write for everyone.

Let me know. Enzo.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #219838 by nant

enzo_russo wrote: Hi Nant,

thank you for your prompt feedback however I have read the 2 files (pdf and txt), followed again all steps and verified all PHP parameters as you mentioned below (upload_max?filesize=128M, post_max_size=128M loaded configuration file=/Application/xampp/xamppfiles<span>/</span>etc<span>/</span>php.ini.

I have also verified that php.ini exist and that /etc directory authorization level is set to read/write for everyone.

Let me know. Enzo.

Did you verify the upload filesize parameter viewing the phpinfo from your joomla backend?

11 years 4 months ago #219843 by enzo_russo
Yes, I do it and are set at all at 128MB.

• nant
  • nant
11 years 4 months ago #219853 by nant
well i am out of ideas ... i would need access to inspect but that is not possible on your localhost.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon