Sender email is wrong

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #269491 by Yxos
Sender email is wrong was created by Yxos
We just upgraded to CB 2.0.10 and found a difference to the older version.

When a user utilizes the option to write an email to another user, using the form designed for this purpose (/emailuser?), the email arrives at the other user with a comment at the bottom of the email saying that the user should be carefull when replying to the email because that will reveal his real email to the first user, because replying will use the email sender address; which is the real email address of the first user.

This is an excellent way of handling email privacy!
However, on 2.0.10, the email sent to the second user does NOT have the first users email address as sending address. Instead the Joomla site address is used, causing that an eventual reply will probably go to the site webmaster.

Is this a bug in 2.0.10, or is there a setting I have missed?

Yxos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago #269496 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Sender email is wrong

Yxos wrote: We just upgraded to CB 2.0.10 and found a difference to the older version.

When a user utilizes the option to write an email to another user, using the form designed for this purpose (/emailuser?), the email arrives at the other user with a comment at the bottom of the email saying that the user should be carefull when replying to the email because that will reveal his real email to the first user, because replying will use the email sender address; which is the real email address of the first user.

This is an excellent way of handling email privacy!
However, on 2.0.10, the email sent to the second user does NOT have the first users email address as sending address. Instead the Joomla site address is used, causing that an eventual reply will probably go to the site webmaster.

Is this a bug in 2.0.10, or is there a setting I have missed?

Please check your CB -> Configuration -> General tab settings:

Emails Sent From parameter.

8 years 7 months ago #269499 by Yxos
Replied by Yxos on topic Sender email is wrong
There it was :)
Thank you!

Yxos

8 years 7 months ago #270170 by azjr
Replied by azjr on topic Sender email is wrong
@Nick: I just found this post after updating my own post here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/231080-wherehow-to-modify-email-template-sent-from-user-to-user-front-end

I have tested both options for that parameter and in both cases the email address is sent form email specified in Joomla Configuration (site/admin email) - J3.4.3 and CB 2.0.10
I'm curious how did it work for @Yxos - I do believe this is rather a bug - thanks!

8 years 6 months ago #271186 by Yxos
Replied by Yxos on topic Sender email is wrong
It worked fine because there is a difference between email-from and reply-to-email.

Yxos

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds