Get user object + disallow contact form editing

13 years 3 months ago #151569 by cbapollo
Hi guys.

I´m making use of CB to make up for what joomla lacks in ACL and registration possibilities, and to give users a nice personal profile (-The site is not a social networking site).

I just have 2 quick questions;

1)
I would like to obtain the CB user data at certain points.
The way I have been doing this is prior to using CB, is accessing the "JFactory::getUser()" function and retrieving the info I would like. Is there a similar way of doing this with CB? Or do I have to get the userid from the userObject and then query the CB table using that userid?

2)
The only fields I require from users is a name,and email address and to let me know what "UserType" they are ("Student", "Teacher", "headmaster" ->this is selected from a dropdown list), and of course a password.

The issue is that once they have been accepted as users, they should not be able to edit the UserType parameter.
I know you can select if the user should be able to change their username under configurations->UserProfile.
-Is there such an option for other fields?

Another way to go would be to limit the contact detail tab to super-admin, which would work.
-But then the EDIT->Update your profile function becomes a bit redundant, and I´m not against users changing their email. No big deal, but not ideal either.

Anyway, just wanted to know it there was another way.

BTW. Great work on this highly featured extension:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn