Custom plugin that reads from CB tables...

12 years 10 months ago #166142 by ludde
Hello all, not sure this is the correct place for this question, but here goes.

I am trying to build some functionality into my site that will allow me to send SMS to all registered members, specific recipients and members of the board. Meaning, two groups and also ability to send to specific number.

I installed communitybuilder to allow me more details for users, like cellphone number and a tickbox to subscribe for the SMS service.
My idea is to build a plugin that will display a form where the code will read all cellphone numbers from the communitybuilder table where the subscription box is ticked...
Second part is to also have a group where the board are members so that I may send SMS to all members of the board.
Third, a field where I can type in a specific number to send the SMS to...

I found a plugin called mySMS that I intend to (hopefully) modify slightly to tailor it to my needs.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get started with this? I have some understanding of basic php and sql coding, will I even be able to pull this off?

Hoping for positive responses, and I apologise if this is not the right place. Please tell me if it is not.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn