userlist only shows 'xx hours ago...' nothing esle

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168632 by ln888
no matter how I do it, and no matter how many tutorials I go through, I am having a serious problem with my userlist display.

This feature is a necessity for my site as this is very much geared to be a community site with the ability of people to meet each other online.

CB integrated beautifully with many other features that I have with the website, and I am nothing short of thrilled with this component, but this lacking feature is a MAJOR element that I CANNOT go without. I do NOT want to have to make the switch to Jomsocial if I can help it.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
I have attatched a clip of what it looks like.

C:\fakepath\Capture.PNG

the weird thing is the fact that the "XX Hours ago" and the whole line across, though blank IS CLICKABLE and it takes me to someone's profile... so it KINDA functions. just not understanding why it is not showing on the front-end for the end-user.

If I need to do some core hacks, no problem, I can do that. Just let me know where to look...

---- EDIT

I am using J! 1.6
CB 1.4
yootheme Quantum (in html 5/"Warp 6 framework")

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168636 by ln888
Damn.... the attach file is not working....

lets try it this way...

Again... please help! :):dry: :unsure:

12 years 10 months ago #168652 by nant

ln888 wrote: CB integrated beautifully with many other features that I have with the website, and I am nothing short of thrilled with this component, but this lacking feature is a MAJOR element that I CANNOT go without. I do NOT want to have to make the switch to Jomsocial if I can help it.

Glad to hear that you are thrilled with CB even though you are most likely not taking full advantage of it (without the documentation).

Sorry to hear that at first difficulty you are willing to spend money elsewhere to go to another solution. Somehow that does not motivate me personally ...

However, as I really want to help, I need to understand more about your environment.

What other fields should appear on the userlist?
Perhaps a screenshot of the Userlist definition in backend?
Are these fields displayed on profile in profile view?

Does userlist appear ok with default Joomla template?

All I can say is that everything works ok on my tests.

P.S.
Also, if not aware we have Advanced and Professional membership that give you much more and fantastic support for less than what you would pay to switch to other solution.

12 years 10 months ago #168655 by ln888

nant wrote: Sorry to hear that at first difficulty you are willing to spend money elsewhere to go to another solution. Somehow that does not motivate me personally ...

I'm not just stating that as soon as something goes wrong I am jumping ship... I was just stating a fact that if I am not able (in time) get this issue resolved, I would not be able to continue using CB, which would be a shame. :(
Of course I am fully prepared to do what it takes and exhaust all options and attempts before I am forced to take that alternate route. That's all I meant by that. :dry:

but.... THANK YOU very much for helping me and I feel good that you may be able to help me get to the root of this issue.

I am not really trying to get much of anything in the way of what fields I want displayed in my userlist... I just want to be able to get the userlist up and functioning in the first place, THEN i will work/tweak it to how I want it to display (fields showing)
Of course I am only wanting fields that I allow to show in the user's profile to show in the list. I am not wanting to show personal information.
screenshot -

I have also tried your suggestion on using Joomla's default (atomic) template (assigned to that menu item only. Also this userlist is to superuser only as I am still in testing phase of this element)
you can see, it still shows the same....
screenshot -

The whole back-end is pretty weird to figure out, but I believe that I have the jist of it... if you need me to screenshoot that too... I can.:P

Thank you VERY MUCH for helping, B)
-LN

12 years 10 months ago #168656 by nant
Please look at your screenshot.

You have enabled the first column but have the other 3 not enabled.

12 years 10 months ago #168658 by ln888
O...

M...

G!!!

I cannot FREAKIN believe that I so overlooked that. DAYM.... I had been struggling with this for over 2 weeks off and on.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

I feel like such an idiot! :blush: :unsure:

Thank you for your patience and time!
you ROCK

(adding Kharma!)
-LN

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn