Integrating session login; importing members

12 years 7 months ago #177894 by akeyworth
Hi,

This question involves integrating custom work which I implemented on a Joomla site before installing Community Builder (CB) and Kunena forums.

For several months, I developed a set of custom features, as a portal accessible by member login, for a pre-existing Joomla site. Mostly, these portal features were related to searching for other members based on survey-derived information, so that they could then contact one another by email.

Later in the project, the requirements changed; the clients now wanted community building functions, including document sharing, private messaging, etc. Rather than develop it entirely from scratch, I found CB and Kunena, and have been working to implement them.

What I need to do is:
  1. integrate the two login features- my custom login and the CB/Kunena login;
  2. import members from my earlier portal into CB, so that existing members won't have to re-register.

Is this possible? And where would I look for documentation on how to go about this?

I don't mind folding my previous feature work into CB; but what login session variables (etc.) will I need to implement?

Thanks,

akeyworth

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn