Redirect module links to menu pages

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181121 by MFI_Michael
Redirect module links to menu pages was created by MFI_Michael
Hello,
I've gotten up and running with Community Builder (for Joomla! 1.7), but I seem to be running into an issue.
And I can't really tell if it's a CB issue or a Joomla issue.

The CB Login module has 2 links: Lost Password and Register. And both I'd like to keep on the module. However, they seem to hard link to these pages respectively:
component/comprofiler/lostpassword
and
component/comprofiler/registers

These pages appear blank to me. I think it's likely that this happens because a function of the JA T3 framework allows you to turn off the content div for specific pages. Namely, in my case, the home page. This generally causes any page that doesn't have a corresponding menu link (and alias) to appear blank.

For everything else in Joomla, this is fine. Because if I create an article link or category link on the menu at some level, I get a new page.

But for the CB actions, this doesn't seem to work. I have a menu setup with links to Register and for Lost Password that go to:
community/recover
and
community/register

But the CB Login module will not use those menu item aliases to redirect to.

So.

TL;DR: Can I change the default 'component/comprofiler/registers' link url to a cleaner 'community/register' format?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #181136 by MFI_Michael
Replied by MFI_Michael on topic Re: Redirect module links to menu pages
Well, I believe I've figured out a work-around for the time being..

At the bottom of mod_cblogin.php, I found the linkage:
echo '<a href="'.$urlRegister.'" class="mod_login'.$class_sfx.'">';

So just edited the href to go to my '/community/register' page. Seems to work fine.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn