Email cloaking in User list description?

11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #224238 by Sven
Joomla has a built in Email Cloaking which works fine in Joomla categories and articles.

I have several CB User lists published and in the lists description field I have an email address shown but it is not protected by the Joomla Email Cloaking plugin.

Is this a bug or is there a way to deal with it?

The particular user list is a "Contact Us" list with the CB Public Mail plugin where the company email is written in the description field and the users are the Management team which can be contacted through a form.
[Joomla 2.5.9, CB 1.9]

Happy for any advice...

/Sven

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 6 months ago - 9 years 2 days ago #251230 by Sven
Replied by Sven on topic Email cloaking in User list description?
I still have this problem; when writing an e-mail address in the CB List Description it is not cloaked by either Joomla or CB.

Is there a way to handle this?

/Sven

9 years 2 days ago #263033 by Sven
Replied by Sven on topic Email cloaking in User list description?
Just installed CB 2 and there is still no e-mail protection on the List Description.

Does anyone have some advice how I can write an e-mail address in the description without it beeing readible by search engines?

9 years 2 days ago #263035 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Email cloaking in User list description?

Sven wrote: Just installed CB 2 and there is still no e-mail protection on the List Description.

Does anyone have some advice how I can write an e-mail address in the description without it beeing readible by search engines?

I asked internally and was told that "CB has its own email cloaking".

You can also try to force the Joomla cloaking by enabling content bot parsing under layouts and adjusting the layout of the field.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.440 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn