How can I make a member a "Moderator"

9 years 5 months ago #253191 by Wouter47
How can I make a member a "Moderator" was created by Wouter47
I do not understand how I can make a member a Moderator? Can you please explain or show me where I can find the instruction for that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 5 months ago #253195 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How can I make a member a "Moderator"

Wouter47 wrote: I do not understand how I can make a member a Moderator? Can you please explain or show me where I can find the instruction for that?

With CB 2.0 and Joomla 3.3.X (please provide version numbers next time) you can configure your Community Builder -> Configuration -> Moderation tab -> Moderators View Access Level parameter and select your Joomla Access level that determines your moderator user.

With Joomla 2.5 / 3.x you can create your own groups and ACL View levels also.

On the same tab you can decide if you want to allow moderators to edit user profiles also.

9 years 5 months ago #253208 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic How can I make a member a "Moderator"
Sorry, I user CB 2.0.3 on Joomla 3.3.6

I understand how create groups and ACL View levels in Joomla, but on the CB Configuration>modulation tab you can select the option "CB Moderators Access" as the Moderators View Access Level. The CB Moderators access is attached to the Administrator and Super User groups. I can make the user Administrator of Super User but I don't want that. There is no special Moderator group I can attach the user to in order to make him a "Moderator", so I must create such a group and attach that to the CB Moderators Access. But what Joomla rights should I give this group? Is "registered" enough for this group when all my CB-users are registered users?

I tried to find documentation on how to make a CB-user a CB-moderator, but could not find it. So I repeat: Can you please can someone explain or show me where I can find the instruction on How can I make a member a "Moderator"?

9 years 5 months ago #253224 by nant
Replied by nant on topic How can I make a member a "Moderator"

Wouter47 wrote: Sorry, I user CB 2.0.3 on Joomla 3.3.6

I understand how create groups and ACL View levels in Joomla, but on the CB Configuration>modulation tab you can select the option "CB Moderators Access" as the Moderators View Access Level. The CB Moderators access is attached to the Administrator and Super User groups. I can make the user Administrator of Super User but I don't want that. There is no special Moderator group I can attach the user to in order to make him a "Moderator", so I must create such a group and attach that to the CB Moderators Access. But what Joomla rights should I give this group? Is "registered" enough for this group when all my CB-users are registered users?

I tried to find documentation on how to make a CB-user a CB-moderator, but could not find it. So I repeat: Can you please can someone explain or show me where I can find the instruction on How can I make a member a "Moderator"?

My previous response is correct - but let me take things one step further for you.

It looks like you upgraded to CB 2.0+ from CB 1.9.1.

In CB 1.9.1 the Moderation parameter you had was set to Superadmin and Administrator groups (and above).

In CB 2.0 we are following the Joomla ACL View level.

So during the upgrade CB automatically created a new Joomla ACL View level called CB Moderators Access that should contain the Administrator and Superadmin groups.

You can verify this from your Joomla -> Users -> Access Levels page selecting the CB Moderators Access.

If you want to include other members as CB Moderators, all you need to do is create a new Joomla group (suggest under Registered) called maybe CB Moderators (?) , and then check box this group in the CB Moderators Access ACL level.

Any user added to the Joomla group will me a CB Moderator.

This is how Joomla groups / ACL levels work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wouter47

9 years 5 months ago #253320 by Wouter47
Replied by Wouter47 on topic How can I make a member a "Moderator"
I am very happy with the very clear explanation on "Configure Moderators and Permissions" in the CB 2.0 Tutorial nr 26 of today:

Thanks very much!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn