Avatar image uploading has no effect

2 years 3 months ago #327649 by jhoefs
`So I'm in a little bit of a dilemma.

I have Community Builder installed on an extensively developed site that is in maintenance mode before a new public release.

I am considering contracting CBsubs for a subscription service.

However, at this point, CB is not working, and until I can resolve that I cannot justify putting money down.

The main issue is the moderation, which is not working at all. I have read exhaustively all forum posts on this. I have ensured that the permissions are correct in the Workflows module, as well as in the moderation section of CB configuration.

I have tested several times now, changing a users' profile image and then checking the image moderation page. Nothing comes up.

Similarly, I made a page with the workflows module on it. It basically comes up blank, no output.

Help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327650 by beat
Have you also read the CB Primer book that explains step by step how to set up images moderation?
www.joomlapolis.com/downloads/documents

We also have video tutorials on Community Builder:
www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp0puRITgC7PuyzPsMUECDI46VE7IFSAX

And there is a Community Builder free forum for questions around CB usage:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/149-usage

If you still have questions after going through the CB primer book, please make sure to use the Community Builder usage forum and please provide precise questions and other details as described in our "Help us help you" page, so that we can efficiently help you:
www.joomlapolis.com/help-us-help-you

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 3 months ago #327651 by jhoefs
Yea I'd already gone through all this.

As mentioned 1) a user submits an image for their profile 2) this does not show up in either the moderate images page, or a page with the workflow module embedded.

I had already watched the video, and after reading through the sections relevant in the primer, I learned nothing new.

2 years 3 months ago #327652 by beat
Make sure to do the trial with a normal registered user to upload an profile image, and not a moderator or an administrator, those are not moderated.

You can also try on our demo site (link in top menu), as I just did now:
1. Login as normal Demo User
2. Click on "DU" icon or avatar
3. Click on "Edit" "Update your profile"
4, In Portrait, upload a new image
5. See it doesn't yet display.
6. Logout
7. Login as moderator, go to Demo User profile, you will see the "Approve" and "Reject" buttons.

On demo site, to see the CB Workflows module, you need to create it as it's not created by default and pubish it in "sidebar-a" position. Then you will see it on the front as administrator on the top left displaying "1 image approval" link, allowing to review and approve the images.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

2 years 3 months ago #327653 by jhoefs
Yes the demo site illustrates wonderfully what is not working on my site.

Any suggestions for how to fix my site?

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #327654 by jhoefs
The moderate-images page simply says:

"Moderate Images
No Images to Process"

And for the superuser, I logged into the frontend as superuser and added an image to my profile as my new avatar. It should just appear on the profile. Unfortunately, no dice. So something is happening between user submission of file, and moderation, that is keeping from that happening, and the file from even being processed (visa vie the experience with the superuser account)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.201 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn