Avatar image uploading has no effect

2 years 3 months ago #327656 by beat

jhoefs wrote: The moderate-images page simply says:

"Moderate Images
No Images to Process"

And for the superuser, I logged into the frontend as superuser and added an image to my profile as my new avatar. It should just appear on the profile. Unfortunately, no dice. So something is happening between user submission of file, and moderation, that is keeping from that happening, and the file from even being processed (visa vie the experience with the superuser account)

Image uploading as administrator is not subject to moderation. So that looks to be your main issue.

Looks like the files upload or the image processing has an issue on your hosting. Could be files permissions. Check:

- Directory permissions in CB Plugins / Install&Update
- CB Configuration / Images / Image software setting

I'm renaming this thread and moving it to Community Builder / Usage where it belongs, so that other community members can help too.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #327674 by jhoefs
Replied by jhoefs on topic Avatar image uploading has no effect
Please rename the topic "Avatar image uploading has no effect"

I'm going to do a comprehensive review of what is going on here.

1) Registered users submit an image. Avatar or Banner. In both cases, the following happens:

I. Submit button is pressed
II. Image shows up in the profile edit tab before returning to the profile. At this point, I can get a URL for the image. So it has been received by the server, and has a filename on the server.
III. Image does not show up in the moderate images page, on the users profile, or in the workflows module.
IV. In addition, the same malfunction is occurring for administrators. Image does not show up on profile.

I have checked the directory permissions for all these folders, and they are correct. I have checked permissions in the CB plugins, as well as in all levels of Joomla and CB exhaustively.

Now I am seeing that a text field ("called personal canvas") that was working before is also not working. What I mean by this is that when a user submits new text, it is not updated. So it seems we have a systemic failure to update profiles.

2 years 3 months ago #327677 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Avatar image uploading has no effect
Please PM me superadmin access to your site and I will check.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn