Customizing Registration Process

13 years 2 months ago #153562 by laptoproadie
Customizing Registration Process was created by laptoproadie
I have nothing but good things to say about CB and the support I've gotten from you guys.

That being said, I'm hoping you guys will have some ideas on how to customize the registration process to satisfy our incredibly picky clients.

What our clients want is a multi-paged registration process. 3 pages to be exact. They basically want the registration process to look similar to the Edit Details page with the tabbed layout. This is what they want differently:

- A next button at the bottom of each page that isn't the last page. This will validate the fields on that page (tab) only and prevent them from going to the next page until corrected. Once it did this on the last page, it would submit all of the information and create the user.

We have a hacked solution we're using right now to try to appease their multi-paged requirement. We're having only the basic information on the registration page (username/password, etc). When they click submit, it creates the user and automatically brings them to the Edit Details page with the tabbed views. But once at the Edit Details page, it still works exactly as CB should. Which is not good enough for them.

I'm with you guys, I hate hacking code and would like nothing more than to find some other way to do this.

So finally that's my request. Has anyone created a CB extension that would allow me to create my own multi-paged registration page? If not, what's the easiest way to do this in the CB code?

That's what I'm trying to do now, is hack the CB code. I hate doing it. I don't want to do it. But unless we switch out CB for some other solution (which I would rather not do), we have no choice. So I'm trying to modify the JS in all the different places it's being created in CB to accomplish this. And of course I'm having trouble because CB is massive and complicated.

So any suggestions/advice at all would be incredibly appreciated.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #153567 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process

laptoproadie wrote: I have nothing but good things to say about CB and the support I've gotten from you guys.

Wow - thank you!

That being said, I'm hoping you guys will have some ideas on how to customize the registration process to satisfy our incredibly picky clients.

scratching my head ...

What our clients want is a multi-paged registration process. 3 pages to be exact. They basically want the registration process to look similar to the Edit Details page with the tabbed layout. This is what they want differently:

- A next button at the bottom of each page that isn't the last page. This will validate the fields on that page (tab) only and prevent them from going to the next page until corrected. Once it did this on the last page, it would submit all of the information and create the user.

We have a hacked solution we're using right now to try to appease their multi-paged requirement. We're having only the basic information on the registration page (username/password, etc). When they click submit, it creates the user and automatically brings them to the Edit Details page with the tabbed views. But once at the Edit Details page, it still works exactly as CB should. Which is not good enough for them.

I'm with you guys, I hate hacking code and would like nothing more than to find some other way to do this.

So finally that's my request. Has anyone created a CB extension that would allow me to create my own multi-paged registration page? If not, what's the easiest way to do this in the CB code?

That's what I'm trying to do now, is hack the CB code. I hate doing it. I don't want to do it. But unless we switch out CB for some other solution (which I would rather not do), we have no choice. So I'm trying to modify the JS in all the different places it's being created in CB to accomplish this. And of course I'm having trouble because CB is massive and complicated.

So any suggestions/advice at all would be incredibly appreciated.

Suggest you start playing with Kyle's new incubator project - the CB Conditionals.
I believe it should help you accomplish this.

13 years 2 months ago #153571 by laptoproadie
Replied by laptoproadie on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process
Wow...just...wow...

I love you guys...

This could not be any closer to what I needed if I had written it myself...

And CB conditional was released 5 days ago? Seriously? Could this have been any better timing?

God you guys are so awesome. After all the support you've provided and then crunching out this little nugget...big kudos my friends!

13 years 2 months ago #153572 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Customizing Registration Process

laptoproadie wrote: Wow...just...wow...

I love you guys...

This could not be any closer to what I needed if I had written it myself...

And CB conditional was released 5 days ago? Seriously? Could this have been any better timing?

God you guys are so awesome. After all the support you've provided and then crunching out this little nugget...big kudos my friends!

Wow ... smells like a testimonial ...

As we are starting a new section maybe you would like to formalize it?

13 years 2 months ago #153573 by laptoproadie
Sure would nant.

Let me know what format you would like and any points you'd like me to hit on and I'll put something together. Just give me some time to put together a good one.

Will

13 years 2 months ago #153619 by laptoproadie
Krileon or Nant,

How do I get the registration intro text to show up for the step-by-step registration process? That's the only thing I've found so far that I need to fix with this new registration process.

Thanks!
Will

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn