Name/Value Pairs for Drop Down Selects

13 years 1 month ago #158217 by bgies
Any chance we could get the ability to enter name/value pairs for single and multi-select dropdown custom fields? At least as an option?

I've run into the situation many times where the value I want to store is not the same as the value I want to display to the user. For instance country and province/state fields I would much prefer to store the code but display the full name to the user.

Of course... the next item on the wish list would be the ability to filter one drop down based on the results of another drop down (think the province field after the country field is chosen).

For now, I've implemented it with a component to pull the options from via AJAX, and a plugin to compose the login form, profile tab, and edit profile tab, but it feels like I'm fighting CommunityBuilder to get it done. Would be GREAT to have the options built in.

FYI... a related request would be to have the option to use ISO 3 digit country codes in CB Subs. Being Canadian, and having websites that are mostly used in the U.S. and Canada, I am always having problems with Americans seeing "CA" for the country code and thinking it means California.... with 3 digit codes it's not a problem ("CAN"). Sure... we could send every American back to school to learn about the rest of the world... but it would seem easier to just display 3 digit codes :).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #160619 by justmebg
Replied by justmebg on topic Re: Name/Value Pairs for Drop Down Selects
I would second this request. There are some integration fields with Kunena, for instance, that require 1/0 values, but obviously this is not the value I would like shown.

Beth G

11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #202313 by testzerozone
Replied by testzerozone on topic Re: Name/Value Pairs for Drop Down Selects
Hello,

No one person to answer this question?
This is big issue.
I think CB team take this issue seriously.
There are no way to make drop down with name/value pair.
I see this post is very old a year ago and still no answer as well as any comment.
Please take it seriously and do something for this. This is very important for us.

Thanks in advance.

11 years 10 months ago #202317 by nant

testzerozone wrote: Hello,

No one person to answer this question?
This is big issue.
I think CB team take this issue seriously.
There are no way to make drop down with name/value pair.
I see this post is very old a year ago and still no answer as well as any comment.
Please take it seriously and do something for this. This is very important for us.

Thanks in advance.

We have noted this.

Please note that CB is free and open-source.
We have published an API that you can use to create (or pay someone to do this for you) and give back solution to the community.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn