Better SEF Urls, Removing the /userprofile part

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #198737 by Josh Lewis
Community Builder almost has the url set up just the way I want it. But there is one extra bit that I believe should be removed. Currently on my site the url to my profile is:
www.alpineascent.com/profile/userprofile/Josh

It would be great if it was www.alpineascent.com/profile/Josh. The /profile is the menu item added to the url, but for some reason Community Builder adds on /userprofile which this seems redundant to have profile twice in the url. I know there are sef extensions out there that can fix this, but many of us use Joomla's built in SEF system.

I hope this is considered in future releases of CB. :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago #199541 by angeliq
So how did you do it :D?

11 years 11 months ago #199601 by Josh Lewis
I didn't accomplish this. :( Exactly why I made this request. I made the second url manually. ;)

So I'm assuming now we have another person who also wants this addition. :cheer:

11 years 11 months ago #199602 by angeliq
yeah I am for it, being overwhelmed by everything CB offers I was really surprised this can't be edited in the control panel or at least by editing a couple of lines in the PHP script (I am not very php literate so I wouldn't know if that is an option,though I did search through the PHP code itself to find "userprofile" with little success of changin stuff)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Josh Lewis

11 years 11 months ago #199604 by angeliq
Heres a list of all files which use the "userprofile" identifier, maybe someone can post how we can change some lines so the url comes from userprofile/username to somethingelse/username
Attachments:

11 years 11 months ago #200293 by saltimbank
Hi,
I would like to make like you too but with a difference: crypt the identifiant (Josh), to make an adress public but unknown if i dont give to you...
Am i clear ^^ :blush: :pinch:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn