illperipherals.net

18 years 1 month ago #7937 by raoult
illperipherals.net was created by raoult
if you have a chance, stop by www.illperipherals.net and shoot some feedback my way. it's just a personal site that I use primarily to test new modules and scripts and host files for friends, but I've got a growing bookmark selection dealing with home automation and other tech-related nonsense.

-raoult

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7939 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:illperipherals.net
I like it. Cool template and very cool buttons.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

18 years 1 month ago #7940 by raoult
Replied by raoult on topic Re:illperipherals.net
hey, thanks a lot man. like I said, it's pretty much just a glorified personal ftp server right now, but I'm trying to make myself get some of my how-tos and other content put up. my new years resolution was to stay away from m$ windows, so I'm currently in the process of cleaning off all my old ntfs drives and organizing the years of collected content buildup. check back in a while, and I should have things in a little better order.

-raoult

18 years 1 month ago #7942 by mediaguru
Replied by mediaguru on topic Re:illperipherals.net
That's a good resolution for anyone IMO.

CB/Joomla golf site: www.thegolfspace.com
Geek/joomla site: www.tkserver.com

Check out my Joomla/CB projects:

* LIKE thumbs up system for "liking" content items
* Karma - CB user rating system
* Golf Score Tracker
* Jitter - status update system. "What's on your mind?"
* CB Author Plug - Shows CB author link and avatar in content items. J1.5 compatible and very customizable!

Found on my web site or in the Joomlapolis Directory !

18 years 1 month ago #7947 by raoult
Replied by raoult on topic Re:illperipherals.net
agreed. I had seen a demo of ubuntu-live and I was really impressed as it looked like it approached a distro that I could get my moms on. I'm not a gnome fan (no need to go into that whole thing here <g>), but when I saw kubuntu, I decided to give it a try. I've run debian on boxen and the xbox before, so it was really a breeze to get flying.

anyways, not to get too OT, I wanted to bring attention to a new module I've implemented on illperipherals - it's written by designformambo.com/ and they offer a "free" lite version (that I am using) and another pay version. it's a web 2.0 ajax stylee search module, and I've been really happy with it. I don't have it integrated with my main site search as of yet, but you can see the demo in the upper-right corner of the site. on their site, it says that both lite and pay versions exist under an opensource license, so I'm not quite sure what that means here, as you cannot d/l the "pay" ver. I haven't looked into it further, as I am quite happy w/ the lite, but I would highly recommend anyone looking for a slick search interface to check it out.
(btw - I'm not affiliated in any way but a user)
-raoult

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn