× Please read the sticky article below. Use this area to discuss general issues and opinions regarding the organization of language projects on the Joomlapolis forge and on the forums.

Is there any tool to help translate Community Builder?

10 years 8 months ago #232053 by baijianpeng
I tried to translate Community Builder, but, it uses .php file format for language files. I can not compare and prepare my translations with existing translation assistant tool like com_localise ().

Is there any tool to help translate Community Builder? How can I know which new strings were added to new versions if I want to update my existing translations?

I think the php format language files sucks! You CB team should consider to use INI format language files and comply with the Joomla language file standards.

If you have any good reason to keep and continue using php format language files, please tell me. and if you have any good tool to help validating php format language files, please tell me.

Thanks.

JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 years 8 months ago #232054 by baijianpeng
During the installation of CB package, there are some strings not included in the language file, such as:
Automatically installs prebuilt packages then uninstalls it self.

xxxx is being installed.

Success

Failed

Package installation complete!

Why not make the installer also multi-language ?

JoomlaGate

www.joomlagate.com

10 years 8 months ago #232059 by nant

baijianpeng wrote: I tried to translate Community Builder, but, it uses .php file format for language files. I can not compare and prepare my translations with existing translation assistant tool like com_localise ().

Is there any tool to help translate Community Builder? How can I know which new strings were added to new versions if I want to update my existing translations?

I think the php format language files sucks! You CB team should consider to use INI format language files and comply with the Joomla language file standards.

If you have any good reason to keep and continue using php format language files, please tell me. and if you have any good tool to help validating php format language files, please tell me.

Thanks.

we use transifex:

www.transifex.com/projects/p/cb/

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn