google maps component

17 years 7 months ago #22036 by omegix
google maps component was created by omegix
I apologize if this is going in the wrong area of the forum.

I've installed the google maps component, and everything seems
to be working fine.

Under configulartion, in the CB tab,
when I change the option to "All Users" and select 'save' I get this error:

[code:1]Fatal error: Cannot access empty property in /var/wwws/asms-dav/www2.asmsalumni.org/root/joomla/administrator/components/com_google_maps/google_maps.class.php on line 994[/code:1]

I looked at line 994, and it appears to be this section:

[code:1]$info .= ($row->$cbFields["cbAddress"]) ? "<address>".str_replace($badChars,$goodChars,str_replace($goodChars,$badChars,$row->$cbFields["cbAddress"]))."</address>" : '<address />';
$info .= ($row->$cbFields["cbCity"]) ? "<city>". str_replace($badChars,$goodChars,str_replace($goodChars,$badChars,$row->$cbFields["cbCity"]))."</city>" : '<city />';
$info .= ($row->$cbFields["cbState"]) ? "<state>".str_replace($badChars,$goodChars,str_replace($goodChars,$badChars,$row->$cbFields["cbState"]))."</state>" : '<state />';
$info .= ($row->$cbFields["cbPostcode"]) ? "<zipcode>".str_replace($badChars,$goodChars,str_replace($goodChars,$badChars,$row->$cbFields["cbPostcode"]))."</zipcode>" : '<zipcode />';
$info .= ($row->$cbFields["cbCountry"]) ? "<country>".str_replace($badChars,$goodChars,str_replace($goodChars,$badChars,$row->$cbFields["cbCountry"]))."</country>" : '<country />';
$info .= "</info>\n";
$z++;
[/code:1]

I'm not sure what to do. I know that in my database, the fields are 'cb_Address' instead of 'cbAddress.'
I'm a beginner at php, though, so I don't know if this is what's causing the error.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #26627 by ccondrup
Replied by ccondrup on topic Re:google maps component
I'm sorry noone has answered you before, I also hope you have found the solution.

I struggled with the same issue today, but finally found out what was causing this.

1. Login to admin
2. Components -> CB -> plugin management
3. Configure plugin "Geocoder"
4. Fill out the fields on the right with your database fieldnames.

Presto :D

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.993 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn