warning message in configuration menu

18 years 1 week ago #10508 by cbs48
Can somebody help me to fix this message:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/home/.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 625

Is this message related to the fact that registered users cannot upload a profile image?

thanx

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #10528 by nickjo
Replied by nickjo on topic Re:warning message in configuration menu
Try this:

1) Create a file php.ini with the following contents:
Code:
enable_functions: exec;

2) Place it under /usr/home/.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/
Basically what I think is happening (correct me if I'm wrong) is your host has disabled this function (exec) for security reasons. I don't have enough knowledge to help you out but maybe somebody else out here will. There might be a way to fake out the exec permissions that are inherited from your servers php.ini file, I would suggest talking with your web hosting company to see what solution they have for you. Just my two cents.

cbs48 wrote:

Can somebody help me to fix this message:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in /usr/home/.../administrator/components/com_comprofiler/imgToolbox.class.php on line 625

Is this message related to the fact that registered users cannot upload a profile image?

thanx

blwebsolutions.com

17 years 11 months ago #11313 by Syntroxis
Replied by Syntroxis on topic Re:warning message in configuration menu
Hi Nickjo -

I'm having the same prob - my users can't upload images to their profile, and I'm getting the "Warning: exec() has been disabled..." message as well.

I spoke with my hosting company, and the have indicated that there are hacker scripts that take advantabge of the exec() function. That's why they turned it off.

Is there any kind of work around? I'm not sure if they'd allow me to change my php.ini since I'm on a shared server.

Thanks

Follow-up: Adding the php.ini into the com_comprofiler didn't do anything.

Post edited by: Syntroxis, at: 2006/04/30 17:55

17 years 9 months ago #17556 by beat

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn