default values for fields & no edit fields

18 years 2 weeks ago #11050 by analog999
Two questions:

1) How do I set default values for fields? Specifically I'd like to set them for text fields.

2) How do I keep fields from showing up in the edit profile, while still letting them display in their main profile tab?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 weeks ago #11091 by analog999
Replied by analog999 on topic Re:default values for fields & no edit fields
is there a reason no one is answering?

18 years 2 weeks ago #11103 by stevebor1
Replied by stevebor1 on topic Re:default values for fields & no edit fields
You have to get into your DB and this might be enabled in 1.0 stable

Default Value

As for the Shown Field, but not listed in registration/edit profile, try this Here

A simple search found these answers.

Karma Me Up!
File Attachment:

FITcommunity
Joomla! 1.0.12 - Community Builder 1.0.2 - Joomlaboard 1.1.2
Own Mods Featured Profile Mod
My Real Day Job
File Attachment:

Mobile Wallet and Social Lending, Anywhere!

18 years 2 weeks ago #11114 by analog999
Replied by analog999 on topic Re:default values for fields & no edit fields
I appreciate you trying to answer the question, but neither post does. I already found the default value, but that is for dropdown lists. It appears that what I'm looking for just isn't a feature and I'll have to use SQL's defaults, hack CB or figure something else out. This was the *very* first thing that I was wondering after I installed CB, so I hope someone sees this and implements it.

The other shown field but reg/profile I guess I don't follow. The post you referred to talked about lists and all I am looking to do is have fields show up under my profile (like the article tab), but have the tab *not* show up under edit profile.

Maybe I have to make some kind of plugin to do this...

18 years 5 days ago #11969 by richardb
Replied by richardb on topic Re:default values for fields & no edit fields
I am essentially after this as well...

Basically, I have a current joomla install with about 50 users and now want to extend this with Joomlapolis, such that users can see if they are "accredited" and how many points they have "collected" something I intend to manually add from the back end each time the user sells something....

Hence, I want a tab with field “accredited” etc that shows up always but doesn’t necessarily have a value (or maybe it has “no”). At the moment I cant get it to show up unless it has a value, so non accredited users wohnt even know that there is such a thing…

Like wise with points, if no points doesn’t show up, then how do we show that it is possible to get points?

Cheers in advance…

Rich

17 years 10 months ago #15504 by GMan10
It schould't be a problem.

Go to your database.

if you're using xampp then open the table jos_comprofiler.
Change the standard value of the field you wish to change from null to a new value.

If you're not using xampp then you'll have to write an SQL Statement that changes the table structure. I don't know the syntax but it schouldn't complicated.

I guess writing a plugin for such a minor task would over complicate things

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.217 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn