existing users not recognized after sync

18 years 1 week ago #11330 by jmaduk
I'm still having trouble with existing user not being recogonized - even after using the sync tool.

I'm running 1.08 and cb2 and have read various posts regarding existing or importing users. Some of the examples include:

• "null" users in the comprofiler db tables ( which I have)

• Cb user manager profiles with email addresses and usernames but now first and last names. (which I have)

• User profiles that can't be updated via the cb user manager because of the "user already exists" screen ( which I have)

• Although there are a number of posts regarding eash of these issues there doesn't seem to be any step by step fixes for sites with existing user issues.

I don't want all my exsiting users required to pick new usernames and password to start over again.

Any suggestions?

www.MySmallBizU.com
    1000 Videos, Hosting, Software, Support,
    Coaching and Community!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 week ago #11368 by geeffland
    Replied by geeffland on topic Re:existing users not recognized after sync
    Are you using any plugins in CB or just CB RC2 along with Joomla 1.0.8?

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 4 days ago #12082 by nealw
    I am having a similar problem with importing users. I can import users just fine. (I created my own import script to import users from another MySQL database.) The login works for the user account and I can log in as a test user and can edit the user profile (logged in as the user). The users also show up in the "Member List".

My problem is that users are not showing up in my Joomla Admin.

My problem is with the "CB User Manager" screen:
    administrator/index2.php?option=com_comprofiler&task=showusers

AND

The "Standard User Manager" screen:
    dministrator/index2.php?option=com_users

Not all of the users are showing up here. Right now I have 8 test users in my db (1 admin and 7 test users).

In the User Manager screen the "count" shows "Display #30 Results 1 - 8 of 8", but only 4 users are being shown?

There seems to be something "funny" going on as it relates to the "User ID's" in the db and how the User Manager is sending a query to the database to display users. Something to do with the AutoIncrement id?

In my custom import script I "assign" a new user ID and do not let the db auto_increment it.

I am trying to find the SELECT query, for the User Manager screen, but have not been successfull so far.

Thanks,

Neal

18 years 4 days ago #12095 by nealw
    Hi Guys,

Nevermind...

After my continued digging I see I need to populate fields in both: joom_core_acl_aro and joom_core_acl_aro_groups in my custom import script.

Which was causing users not to show in the admin. (I found the query being used by simply turning on the debug feature.)

Self help is a pain the butt..! :-)

18 years 2 days ago #12357 by master3d
    Replied by master3d on topic Re:existing users not recognized after sync
    Hi, Just wanted to say that your post helped me to solve my problem with my manual user-sync
    thanks!

17 years 10 months ago #15273 by filboi
    Replied by filboi on topic Re:existing users not recognized after sync
    it was NOT jos_core_acl_aro_groups.

t'was jos_core_acl_groups_aro_map! hehehe.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
    Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn