Anti-robotics

17 years 11 months ago #11611 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Anti-robotics was created by FaShUnPhOtOg
While searching the forums over at Joomla.org I found references to "Anti-robotics". Does anyone know if anti-robotics or captcha modules will work with CB RC2?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 11 months ago #11695 by browneye253
Replied by browneye253 on topic Re:Anti-robotics
I don't know the answer to this questions, but I was wondering if anybody has experienced problems w/ robots registering with your sites?

I run 10+ joomla / cb sites and have never had a robot register, maybe because of the custom required fields?

Great question though.

17 years 11 months ago #11772 by FaShUnPhOtOg
Replied by FaShUnPhOtOg on topic Re:Anti-robotics
I don't know the answer to your question either :P But I can tell you that I installed the captcha file yesterday and so far so good! :)

17 years 11 months ago #11785 by basicus
Replied by basicus on topic Re:Anti-robotics
FaShUnPhOtOg wrote:

I don't know the answer to your question either :P But I can tell you that I installed the captcha file yesterday and so far so good! :)

Can you proved a link to the one you installed? Did you have to do anything specific to get it to work?

17 years 10 months ago #14718 by micoots
Replied by micoots on topic Re:Anti-robotics
I'm after captcha/security images support for CB to avoid robots registering, but searching the forums there's not much around which seems to be available.

I did install com_securityimages only to realise that it's ot much use without CB supporting it somehow.

How did you get this working?

17 years 9 months ago #17715 by wonderwoman
Replied by wonderwoman on topic Re:Anti-robotics
I found a solution here:
www.passionspire.com/joomla/component/option,com_docman/Itemid,59/task,cat_view/

see also the thread on security images in this forum

hope this helps!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn