Customize Profile Pages and User Lists

18 years 1 month ago #8490 by pcgs
I am creating an alumni site. I've used CB to create a custom field for gender, maiden names and graduating class years. Here are some things I would like to accomplish:
  1. Make the title of my profile pages show the maiden names of female alumni. Example: "Firstname Maidenname Lastname Profile Page" Conversely I would like the profile pages of male members to only display their first and last names and ignore the maiden name field.
  2. Create a user list that displays the first, maiden and last names of females along with their graduating class year. Of course I'd like for men to display their first and last names plus their graduating class year.

I need to know if this is even currently possible. And if yes, I'm hoping for some guidance. The documentation subscription gets me close but not quite there.

Thanks,
pcgs

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 10 months ago #16198 by smtotman
Replied by smtotman on topic Re:Customize Profile Pages and User Lists
Have you received a reply on this? I am trying to customize the layout of the profile and have found it to be quite a challenge.

17 years 10 months ago #16201 by pcgs
Hi smtotman,

No I never got any response to this posting, public or private. I even emailed one of the key CB developers hoping to hire him to customize my site but never heard anything from him.

I've managed to customize my site's user profile page a bit. My user list page can now sort members by graduating class and many other parameters. I purchased the CB Detailed Documentation and did find it helpful but not that much to edit the User's Profile page specifically.

But alas, I have never managed to customize my members experience as my post aspires.

Good luck to you.

17 years 9 months ago #17091 by dpk
Any luck on this one anyone? Google isn't turning up much.

For starters, what/where is the file that generates the userlist template?

Ideally I would like to let people filter the userlist for other users whose street address is between two 100 blocks on a particular street--like 2400 Birch and 2500 Birch.

Precise street addresses for users are private and inaccessible except to admins on the backend. I want people to be able to identify their approximate neighbors/people in a block-sized area and then PM or email them.

The idea here is to help facilitate community organizing for social and anti-crime work.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn