CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199160 by COLUMBIANLODGE
Replied by COLUMBIANLODGE on topic Re: CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB

wolverton wrote: What versions of Apache and PHP?

PHP was 5.2, which I hadn't known before. I have upgraded it to 5.3, assuming that the most recent PHP would go best with the most recent Joomla/CB.

The error appears to have changed, now, which makes me think this has something to do with it. I now get:

"Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home1/columbk8/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 497 "

Lines 496 through 500 read:

"if ( $type === 1 ) {
$paths[$gid] = array_merge( $paths[$gid], $this->get_group_parent_ids( 6 ) );
} elseif ( $type === 2 ) {
$paths[$gid] = array_merge( $paths[$gid], $this->get_group_parent_ids( 8 ) );
}"

But, if you haven't guessed by now, I'm a beginner when it comes to this end of web management. I can populate and configure in the back end of the site like a champ, thanks to Joomla, but when something goes wrong... ugh...

I've located that file in our file management, but I'm not sure how to fix the "allocate 523800 bytes" like the error message says. My first thought WAS to rename the cb.acl.php file to cb.acl.php-old and try to run again to see if it fixes itself. that didn't work, it just prevented me from being able to open CB user management at all!

VERSIONS:
joomla: 2.5.4
CB: 1.8
php: 5.3
apache: 2.2.20

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #199162 by COLUMBIANLODGE
Replied by COLUMBIANLODGE on topic Re: CB Juice Importing Users but breaks link in CB

jciconsult wrote: What template are you using? Are you using a special administrator template or other non-standard patches to the back end?

We are using the stock 2.5.4 template for the back end. It's titled "Bluestork Details and Files"

As far as other patches, we really haven't installed anything yet. After doing the fresh install of Joomla 2.5.4 we added in DT Register, which we use for our members to let us know if they will be at dinner or not. We installed ACY Mailing, which we use to get out the message about upcoming meetings. and we installed CB to handle additional fields over stock Joomla. We loaded CBJuice in order to import, due to the amount of custom fields we'd created in CB.

11 years 11 months ago #199186 by wolverton

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home1/columbk8/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 497

You might want to have a look at this thread... the same error message.
In this case it was a problem with user groups.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/174808-internal-server-error-with-cb-17?limit=6&start=24

11 years 11 months ago #199263 by COLUMBIANLODGE

wolverton wrote:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 523800 bytes) in /home1/columbk8/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/library/cb/cb.acl.php on line 497

You might want to have a look at this thread... the same error message.
In this case it was a problem with user groups.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/174808-internal-server-error-with-cb-17?limit=6&start=24

Ok I think we're all set now. There were a combination of issues and related fixes. Our host needed to restore .htaccess file (for some reason my delete/recreate didn't work). We needed to mess around in the database (as implied in the post above that you provided), and we needed to shift around some of the user groups and users within them.

Bottom line everything appears to be working correctly, and I thank you intensely for your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn