Generic registration interface?

17 years 5 months ago #25779 by lokki
Generic registration interface? was created by lokki
What is the feasability of creating a plugin that allows simple interaction with the CB registration process? Something that would make a more streamlined connection to the functions involved...

The reason I'd like to do this is to use Joomla!/CB to drive some features on a Flash-based website. I made some modifications to the core files for v1.0.1 which worked really well once I figured it out. But 1.0.2 breaks this completely, possibly due to the new security features to prevent spoofing and other attacks.

I would really love to see a simple function that essentially parses the registration form's POST object and sends it to the right function within CB, then returns the formatted response in another object. I'm not sure how this would work if the new updates require some sort of authentication.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 5 months ago #25786 by mikko
Replied by mikko on topic Re:Generic registration interface?
Not possible with a plugin. This has been posted as a feature request (see developer.joomla.org)

mikko

17 years 5 months ago #25828 by lokki
Replied by lokki on topic Re:Generic registration interface?
AARRGGHH!!!

:laugh:

Fair enough... I guess I'll just have to stick with the 1.0.1 version so my Flash page will work. Thanks for the reply!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn