Skip to Content Skip to Menu

listing of all CB users' externalsite blog entries

• synapze
  • synapze
17 years 3 weeks ago #36606 by synapze
Firstly, thanks to all the developers who worked and continue to work on CB and its plugins. What an amazing community!

I would like to implement a multiuser blog on my CB education
community site ( thinked.net - in development) but one that is user-friendly and highly customisable (ie. not mamblog).
At first I was looking for a multiuser CB<->wordpress bridge or a bridge to another good multiuser blog but recently I've decided that it doesn't matter tooo much if my users need a separate login.
However, what I would love is the ability to list blog entries (as intro with read more...) of all my users who have blogs on my server(sorted by most recent). This would look like the blog view in joomla but would retrieve something like a 'Blog URL' field from each users CB profile and collect the entries from their blog (that is not within joomla).

HA! Now that I've written it down I realise how stupid this idea is (and ridiculous to implement).:blush: I'm requesting something that would be less useful and probably just as hard or harder to implement than what we really need.
I'll still post this because I think the bottomline is we need a CB<->wordpress multiuser bridge. If I had the ability to code it or had the time to learn right now I would. Until then, is there another option?

Post edited by: synapze, at: 2007/04/30 09:54

Post edited by: synapze, at: 2007/04/30 09:55

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikko
  • mikko
17 years 3 weeks ago #36608 by mikko

• synapze
  • synapze
17 years 3 weeks ago #36614 by synapze
Thanks for the quick reply Mikko.

I was kind of looking for something where my users would have the full gamet of WordPress customisablity to their own blogs but now that I think about it, perhaps my users would benefit more from something that worked instantly for them and that I can make look good for everyone. I think I'll do it this way:

Using openWP (renamed new version of JD-WordPress)
Each user will have the same template. All blog entries by all users will be available from the one page.

cb.JDWP.Tab or its openWP equivalent (thanks Mikko for showing me that)
Each users CB profile will have a tab with all their blog entries. This will be their personal blog page.

Mikko's CB tab wrapper module - www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,4264/catid,24/
Hopefully I can CSS this to the billio and make the users personal blogs look really good inside a module that I'll place in the content section of a page. It will be the cb.JDWP.Tab tab that is wrapped in a module.

I'm going to try this setup in the next few days, unless someone can see any pitfalls in this method. ...Very excited!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon