CB Forum Plugin - Progress and Test Preparation

16 years 5 months ago #48005 by nant
As most of you are probably aware, the CB forum plugin included in the CB core distribution supports Simpleboard (initial mambo component), Joomlaboard (the Joomla rendering of Simpleboard) and Fireboard (the replacement of both).

The fireboard support present in the CB plugin is incomplete (for many reasons: fireboard was in development phase during CB 1.1 release, etc).

A number of issues have been identified:

1. Ranking is not properly supported (previous components had ranking parameters in the config file - fireboard has these in database).

2. Unsubscribing to individual subscribed threads from CB tab is not properly supported (takes you briefly to fireboard profile and then returns you to - sometimes - to CB profile)

3. Unsubscribing to all threads (single checkbox) does not work.

4. No support for favorite threads.

A developer (not apparently part of the Fireboard team) has been trying to fix these items and has posted some new versions of the CB plugin on the FB (bestofjoomla.com) site. This version has yet to solve all the above problems.

The CB Team has been asked to step in and provide better integration (see www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,40/id,47803/#47803).

I have now fixed the first 3 issues above and I am working on #4. If you have FB and CB 1.1 installed and wish to assist in testing, please PM me.

Also, please support this effort (alot of people have talked about willingness to donate - but upto now nothing has happened). I will also consider subscribing to CB doc support and PMing me a message stating "I subscribed to CB DOCS to support FB/CB integration".

So please, if you are interested in supporting this effort and want a better CB/FB integration, then:

+ subscribe to CB DOCS and get detailed CB documentation (180+ pages), PMS integration documentation, Captcha 2.0 plugin (with audio playback) and have access to new docs and bonus plugins release over the next year. Send me (nant) a PMS stating that you are subscribing to the CB DOCS to also support CB/FB integration.

+ If you are interested in testing, then please PM me on this site with your email and skype contact (priority will be given to CB DOC subscribers).

Please Log in to join the conversation.

16 years 5 months ago #48009 by beat
Cool B)

Thanks a lot Nick, for your hard work on this and other subjects.

Many Thanks also to the docs subscribers supporting our efforts here. We want to keep all the core of CB free, so thanks a lot to those understanding it's really a "give - give" within this community, and not a "take".

Thanks to all the testers too.

Thanks also to the Joomlapolitans helping community in answering questions in forum, freeing up development time...

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

16 years 5 months ago #48041 by whinecountry
Replied by whinecountry on topic Re:CB Forum Plugin - Progress and Test Preparation
Thank you for the update. The effort is in fact appreciated. I am a doc subscriber and as I've stated on the forums and by PM I am willing to donate to the FB integration effort.

As I mentioned to you by PM I REALLY think it would be helpful if you had an easy to access Donation link on joomlapolis.com. And if there was a message field where members could comment on the areas of Community Builder where they'd like to see their donation support in addition to the overall effort and vision of the leadership, that would help people feel more part of the Community here.

Asking for donations and sounding critical of the lack of donations is I think hindered by the fact that there is no simple way to donate for the community at large. Remember the KISS principle and if you want something from your community, Facilitate it. Make it as simple as possible for them to accomplish it. A small effort on your end to facilitate things could save you a lot of effort and heartache long term. This is part of "Community Building" no?

If you could post such messages with the Simple message of: "Click to Donate" link here... That is a much stronger message that people can relate and respond to than a random non-unified message.

I would also suggest putting a link to this donation function in all of the signatures of the CB team so that the message is reinforced when you are posting in the forums and otherwise.

I make these comments only in the spirit of trying to support the CB effort.

Best Regards,
Paul

16 years 5 months ago #48167 by beat
Thanks Paul for your wise words and support to this community project B)

We are working on such a community feature ;)

And your suggestions here gave us some really good inputs and ideas :)

You will need to wait for a few more weeks to see it here in action, but it will be this year :)

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn