Could you please make it easier to find translation files?

9 years 3 months ago #254302 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Hi,

I just spent over an hour trying to find a Dutch translation file for CB, version 2.0.3. In the end I did find this file: plug_language_dutch_nl-NL_2.0.3-1.0.0+ee9fc2e42.zip on this page: forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-nl

I think this could be made much easier for people who are not used to forge or Transifix types of systems? I know that the work on these translations is mainly a matter of volunteer work and I'm very happy that there are translations being shared at all. Yet this was such a frustrating experience for me that I just had to tell you and aks for a more transparent way of putting these files up for download.

Kind regards, Frits

Please Log in to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago #254305 by nant

oorzaak@oorzaak.nl wrote: Hi,

I just spent over an hour trying to find a Dutch translation file for CB, version 2.0.3. In the end I did find this file: plug_language_dutch_nl-NL_2.0.3-1.0.0+ee9fc2e42.zip on this page: forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/lan-cb-nl

I think this could be made much easier for people who are not used to forge or Transifix types of systems? I know that the work on these translations is mainly a matter of volunteer work and I'm very happy that there are translations being shared at all. Yet this was such a frustrating experience for me that I just had to tell you and aks for a more transparent way of putting these files up for download.

Kind regards, Frits

Wow - that was fast - I just manually pushed whatever translations I could grab from transifex to our language project forge areas.

This is a manual task that will be automated in our new site - so hopefully will be easier there.

Please note that the Dutch package has been regenerated as the old one had used single quotes in the translation the broke PHP file code.

I fixed manually and reported this to your translation language team.

9 years 3 months ago #254311 by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl
Replied by oorzaak@oorzaak.nl on topic Could you please make it easier to find translation files?

nant wrote: Wow - that was fast - I just manually pushed whatever translations I could grab from transifex to our language project forge areas.

Just a coincidence - though I did notice the time of your upload indeed.

nant wrote: This is a manual task that will be automated in our new site - so hopefully will be easier there.

Looking forward to see it.

Kind regards, Frits

Moderators: beatnantloutkrileonRobertvanderHulst
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn