Getting UddeIM to work

17 years 7 months ago #21182 by tormenta
Getting UddeIM to work was created by tormenta
I will give you a rundown on where I am at and perhaps someone will be able to point me in the right direction.
Joomla 1.0.11
CB 1.0.1

After a failed attempt to install the 5.0b zipped file com_uddeim05b_-82739a23597dea6888c413af601b1770.zip
and several deletions of both 4.0 and 5.0 I started again.

Installed uddeim 4.0

updated 2 extra fields in jom_uddeim

Ftpd to administrator->Components->com_uddeim and overwrote existing files:
admin.uddeim.php
toolbar.uddeim.php
uddeim_config.php
uddeim.xml

Ftpd to Components->com_uddeim and overwrote existing files:
bbparser.php
uddeim.php

had no idea what to do with:
archive.php
bbsmile.js
blok.plugin.php.disabled
blocking.php
getpiclink.php
includes.php
index.html (which index.html am I supposed to write over?)
install.uddeim.php
[new templates files]

so I thought I would take a look at this from the admin end.

Went into Components->Uddeim on the joomla admin side and set up config.
Went into CB->Plugin Manager and, from reading several forum files regarding this, set up PMS MyPMS and Pro to Uddeim 5.0.

Came back with error UddeIM plug in not installed. Switched it to UddeIM 4.0. Same problem, plug in not installed.

So my questions:
1) Where do I get the UddeIM plugin because installing the UddeIM 4.0 component did not install it for me?

2) what do I do with all of the files in the 5.0b updates whose names do not correspond with exising 4.0 file names?

Thanks!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 7 months ago #21184 by tormenta
Replied by tormenta on topic Re:Getting UddeIM to work
New mysteries- in the 5.0b documentation readme.txt under installation:
"9 - Install the mod_uddeim_new module using the module installation menu item in the backend of your CMS installation."

I cannot find any reference to "mod_uddeim" in either CB search or Google. I also checked the 3PD area on CB and did not see anything. So I don't know where it is to install it.

Then item:
"12- If you have Community Builder installed, you can now install the uddeim05 pms plugin for CB (from CB's plugin menu)"

Since I don't know where "uddeim05 pms" I am not sure where in the plug in menu I could expect to find it.

17 years 7 months ago #21189 by tormenta
Replied by tormenta on topic Re:Getting UddeIM to work
Ok, here is the problem and the solution for anyone who has the same type of problems I was having.

- Uninstall uddeIM
- go to Joomlaos.de and do a search for UddeIM
- pick up a copy of uddim05b_unzip1st.zip (or appropriate current file)
- download
- unzip
- follow the instructions in readme.txt
- [optional] read the readme.txt from the other 05b file you may have downloaded prior to this since it has a few more tips.
- play with it

This download at joomlas.de has all of the files you will need, mine worked right out of the download file with minimum tweaking. I have no idea how the files that were linked to from this forum were supposed to work but if it's making you nuts, like it was making me, this will get you where you need to go.

17 years 7 months ago #21554 by slabbi
Replied by slabbi on topic Re:Getting UddeIM to work
In short:

In following posting you will not fine a complete package due to the forum restriction of 200kb:
www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,20504/catid,25/

I have removed all files which I have not changed, so you have to use the files from the latest release (0.5b).

There are two ways to update:

1. Compile a new package: Use the original one (0.5b), overwrite the files with the new files and rezip the file. Uninstall the old one and install the new one, update the tables.

2. Update the tables and overwrite the existing files with the files provided in the zip file.

When you compile a new package and do a fresh install the new installer automatically creates the missing table fields.

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.462 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn