How to disable sending messages in uddeim?

11 years 4 months ago #217173 by bobylev
I have installed both Community Builder and Uddeim. My question is how to disable sending messages in uddeim if you didn't connect with this user? In other words, only users (who set connections with you) would send you messages.

Many thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 4 months ago #217235 by slabbi
You can block all users and select "except connections".

uddeIM & uddePF Development
CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

11 years 4 months ago #217410 by xpatman
Hi bobylev

I did have a thread = Taking uddeIM and CB to the next level which did also disable sending messages.

slabbi
I was wondering if in the future a limit of messages per hour/day/week for NEW users could be built in, as this could help with people who just message about jobs etc

11 years 3 months ago #217414 by slabbi
Well, currently I try to optimize all SQL queries and to reduce the database load. A limitation feature would increase the queries again.

There is already a feature that slowdowns spammers and when you want to restrict users to send messages you could use Alpha User Points (APU). You could give users e.g. 5 points per week and each message costs 1 point.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

11 years 3 months ago #217415 by xpatman
Hi slabbi

:woohoo: I have the Alpha User Points on my site

I know this is not your component but if you can tell me more about how that works I would be grateful

James

11 years 3 months ago #217416 by slabbi
In FAQ chapter 13.9.1 you will find an example how users can earn point sending a message.

A few lines at the beginning of uddeim.php should restrict access to uddeIM when not enough points are left. I am pretty sure that code snippets are available in the AUP forum.

CB Language Workgroup
CB 3rd Party Developer

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn